2013 dash lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiggins93

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has changed the dash lights in a 2013 d22 and if so what's involved and what to buy as I wanted to change th colour to blue kind regards

i tried changing my 2003 model to coloured LED's but it was not a massive success. i ended up going to a triple smd wedge bulb in a new holder and am very happy with the results. pretty sure you can get them in colours as well as bright white (like i got).

very easy to get the dash cluster out. there are 2 screws in the top of the shroud, and 2 in the bottom of it. remove the shroud and the cluster is next. 4 screws in it also. you will need to roll the unit towards you from the top to get it out but its very easy. You dont even need to remove the cables from it to get the bulbs out, just roll it forward onto the top of the steering column.

also remember that LED bulbs will only work in one orientation. if the bulb does not light up, spin it around 180 in the socket.

heres what mine looks like now
4hQMmzM.jpg

Last edited:
I may be mistaken, but as far as I was aware the new models had LEDs in them already...?

I may be mistaken, but as far as I was aware the new models had LEDs in them already...?

im pretty sure they do too. should be same removal method though....or at least similar. the main thing i found from trial and error is not to use single LED's that only point in one direction.

im pretty sure they do too. should be same removal method though....or at least similar. the main thing i found from trial and error is not to use single LED's that only point in one direction.

Depends how they are fitted. I haven't taken the cluster out of mine, but if they're factory LEDs they may be smd type ones that are actually soldered straight onto the circuit board. If that's the case, the only way is to un solder them and solder new ones on...

T5 in my 06. I copied mrtim found a link on here for eBay got triple SMD LEDs and new T5 holders. Heaps better than the dim factory bulbs. They're white but shine a little blue because of the white dials.

I don't see why not, but do you need to? Unless they put the dimmer back in, my 2010 hasn't got one...

They look great next weekend I'll have a look and see what they look like, im taking it in for a service this week so I'll ask about it than :)

I'm 95% sure that when I ripped my dash out just to have a look not long after I brought it, LED's are already in place.

out of interest, were they removable LED's or were they fixed in place? assuming if you could see them, they are removable type. Be interested to know what size (T5, other).... i'd love to help more people out but my old truck is somewhat out of date ;)

Latest posts

Back