2013 ST tow bar wiring harness info.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klucas

Reaction score
Hey lads.

Just about to fit a towbar to the Nav. Picked one up off a wreck on the mine site but the harness was corroded and useless. I'm purchasing a plug in harness off eBay to suit the vehicle but I've been told by the light vehicle mech at work that I need a special wiring kit for the ST models.

He seems to think the ABS and cruise control have an effect on the circuit and will blow fuses continually with the trailer hooked up? I can't see how though.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Karl.

Cruise control is affected by the second brake switch on the brake pedal but not the lights or any connection to the lights. I have towed with a brake controller driving a twin axle van with quad brake lights and I've not had a problem. The ABS is independent of the lighting system.

Just follow the wiring diagram on the Narva web site (thanks, Narva!). Personally I use the flat 12 pin arrangement, and have an Anderson plug providing extra power as well.

Your indicators might reveal themselves though. When an extra load is placed on the indicator system the dash will illuminate a new light in the middle at the bottom showing that it's detected the extra load. I've found that 18W festoon globes aren't enough to trigger this, but 21W globes work. LED don't affect it at all. It's actually handy to remind you that the lights are there and working - now that our new van has LEDs everywhere, I actually miss the indication!

So I won't have any issues then by the sounds of it? It sounded a bit like bullshit to me when the bloke told me as I've not come across anything like that before.

Cheers for the help.

Karl

Latest posts

Back