2013 Thai built D22 2.5crd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knickers

Reaction score
Hi all, this is only my 2nd thread so i'm still pretty green around the gills, but here's the question.

There are loads of comments etc on many sites and forums about the history this truck and its issues over the years, such as the timing chain. But as a new owner, is there anything that was a problem, but now fixed and are there any issues that plague the later model D22's such as my 2013.

At this stage, I am loving her and enjoy every minute behind the wheel.

Cheers, Knickers.

welcome
sit back and enjoy your new ride
my 2010 d22 has had no major issues
and I don't treat it nice off road
the best bit of advice I can give is
change oil every 5 k
let it warm up before you use too much throttle
fit a turbo timer or let engine idle down b4 shutting it off
do the egr mod asap as it really helps bring boost on earlier
there are some yd25's out there that have had timing chain issues but these motors are sold worldwide and put in many variants,there are heaps of yd25's out there with no issues
if the issue was that bad ime sure Nissan would have fixed it by now
keep your maintenance up,and your ears open and you will be fine

Last edited:
Welcome mate.

Enjoy your new ride and probably one of the best dualcabs on the market. Most timing chain issues were in the d40 models. I have a 09 model and dont treat it lightly on or offroad. As sparra mentioned do an oil change every 5k with new filter if possible. Also dont run a heavy oil in them as the timing chain tensioner doesnt like the heavy oil, use a 5w-30 or 40 oil. Egr Blank is a must amd will take 30mins max including making the plate to complete.

Apart from that enjoy your ride snd treat it well and itll respect you back. Lots of info on here about pretty much anything for the d22 atm. Suspension is a must chat to Zordo on the forum and everything else is do yiur own searching and personal preference.

Rusty

As Sparra and Rusty said.. both spot on.

as for suspension.. I put bilstein shocks in mine.. it transforms the ride. the factory shocks are rubbish.

The D22 is a tough no frills ute, proven design and engineering. They are a true workhorse. Not perfect, but very good and exceptional value for money.

Enjoy

Greg

Latest posts

Back