2014 D22 indicator fuse blowing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danscape

Reaction score
Hi everyone, some help needed please.... My 2014 D22 ST-R is blowing the indicator fuse when I indicate. The car is 12 months old and started doing this just this week. It is fitted with a tow bar and bullbar (Nissan fitted from new) and I have heard that the fitting of these could be the issue. It has blown 9 fuses in the past 3 days. Any ideas?

Have a look around the trailer plug for any signs for corrosion. If it was wired incorrectly there could be an issue there, also the stock alloy bar has indicators where they tap in it could be a problem. Also have you the correct amperage fuses fitted?.

Thanks abouttogobush the amperage is the correct 10 amps. Been under the back around the plug, checked the earth aswell. I will have a good look at the indicators in the bull bar and see if I can see anything. Thank you for your help.

I'd suggest bullbar indicators too. Particularly the globe holders. The trailer loom nissan supply is a straight plug in loom, so I would consider that last...

In my case of the exact same issue it was a dodgy trailer plug where the wires were shorting out at the back of pins ever so slightly. Sorry couldn't be much more help.

Thanks Tony, I am aware the warranty will cover this but I am unable to arrange the time off work to be dicked around by my local Nissan service department as I have been in the recent past.

Thanks for the advice guys I think I have traced the problem to the front left indicator in the bull bar. The wires on the light side of the connector had some water in them, I have disconnected them and it seems to have solved the problem.

UPDATE... So as it urns out, that wasn't the problem. It was actually the wire to the left front indicator that joins with the headlight. it had rubbed through on the edge of the hole in the body. If you have a new D22 it might be worth checking it out. It took me 15 fuses, a couple of hours over a couple of days and a fair bit of beer to find it. Cheers for everyones help on here :)

Good find. Seems a bit average really, you'd think they would have done a bit neater job when they fitted it to make sure that didn't happen... glad it's sorted though.

Back