265/70/17 issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDY88

Reaction score
Hi fellas,
I've done a lot reading in regards to the tyre size I have fitted, and everyone seems to have no problem with scrubbing, except I do..
On 50% lock either left hand down or right hand down, I rub against what it sou ds like inner guard. But upon further inspection I find rub marks against the chassis..
Anyone had similar issues?..
Cheers boys

I think we need some pix of your setup as well as more info. Lift? Wheel offset? Spanish or thai? Have the guards been modded? I ran 265/70/16 no probs on stock car so something is wrong. What kind of tyre, road, at or muddy...

I think we need some pix of your setup as well as more info. Lift? Wheel offset? Spanish or thai? Have the guards been modded? I ran 265/70/16 no probs on stock car so something is wrong. What kind of tyre, road, at or muddy...

Hey fellas.. So stock standard, no lift, was trusting the tyre fitter in regards to size tyre i could fit. 2014 d40 4 banger dual cab alloy tray back

What tyres? I ran Cooper ST Maxx and it rubbed on the left front guard on the front of the guard at 50% lock as well. The rubbing area was right next to the first bolt inside the front of the guard. Cut a bit of the guard out and all good. Don't know why it would be rubbing on the chassis in your case.

I now run a different brand tyre and no rubbing. Tyre fitter told me the front left wheel well is smaller than the right.

That's weird cause I'm running 265 70 17 General Grabber srl's and no rubbing at all. I have after market wheels but I do believe they are the same offset as standard, the tyres do come passed the guard.

Cheers Justo

I'm running the 265/70/17 general grabber srl as well and mind are just rubbing on the mud guards when I turn. I also have a 2" lift as well. It'll just need a bit of cutting the rib away.

Has to be something to do with your offset.

What offset are you running??????
What tyres are you running too ???

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Agreed ... I run this size tyre on my 08 Outlaw and stock 17" rims with no rubbing.

My guess is you're running Sunraysias?

Latest posts

Back