265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello again...can i ask what is the biggest tyres for stock d22 without lift kits??265 75 r16 is ok i know...what is the limits??

And what is max and min offsets for rims?

Last edited:
You are correct 265/75 or 275/70 are the largest you can fit without chopping guards or a body lift. But you will have to trim your flaps, the standard alloy's are +40 offset. If you were to fit a 0 offset rim it will bring it just in line with the edge of the flare.

Last edited:
Hello again...me and my stupid questions...My d22 is 2003 year and 255/70r16 stock...ok i will buy bf at 265/75r16...

I did remove mudflaps....standarts +40 offset...i want to overflow little bit with a new rim...for example this link says 16x8.0 INCH 6X139'7 ET-25 is -25 offset too much or good?Be a problem with stock height???thanks again...

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/yed...25-off-road-jant-oltay-com-tr-243707571/detay

Bullbar issue

I just had an issue with my 265/75R16s on a standard 2006 dual cab (no lift). Had been running fine with these for the first 2000km since purchased from a friend with new mud tyres. Hit a deep culvert at about 60km/hr and the front driver's side tyre impacted the rear of the genuine Nissan bullbar (made by ARB I believe). Has bent/twisted the bar and torn a bunch of tread blocks off the tyre.

Have been able to twist the bar back a bit using adjustment at the mounting bolts and jacking the corner off the bar up. Have also cut some of the metal from the inside of the sides closest to the wheel wells. Hopefully will buy some time until I will likely just go back to smaller tyres. I'm not into serious off road driving anyway.

Bit of a bugger for a D22 with a professional full respray in two pack including colour coded bar.

Not sure if I've read of anyone else having this issue.

I've heard of it Steve and to be honest I'm not sure why it happens. Nothing fancy about my lift and there's loads of room on a 2012 model running 32's. If you go back a size to 265/70 you should be fine.

I've heard of it Steve and to be honest I'm not sure why it happens. Nothing fancy about my lift and there's loads of room on a 2012 model running 32's. If you go back a size to 265/70 you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply. Glad I'm not the only one. It looked like everything would be fine when I picked the ute up. A friend who owns a panel shop did it up (thus the pro respray - looks new) and put the big tyres on to be kind with the expectation everything cleared (just). Seems like the passenger side has more room. It could be how the bar has been installed - I could move it forward a bit if I was able to modify the brackets (enlarge the bolt holes) or the sides of the bar could be cut shorter but that would look silly. I'm thinking smaller tyres will be easier long term and this will give me back some highway performance..... Just a shame as the tyres were brand new.

Gee it made a noise and the force to bend what is a really strong bar must have been huge.

It's strange that it hooked up there, normaly at standard height they rub on the mudflaps. I think 4-5 pages back on this thread someone spoke about ripping the bar off, so yes your not alone mate. I still dont understand it, like I said mine has heap of clearance even on full lock and flex. Perhaps the bullbar mounts have changed, I doubt it though and realy it's not that big a tyre wait till you see 35's on a D22, it looks ridiculas.

Last edited:
Yes, it could just be a peculiar thing about the mounting brackets on mine or maybe its had some damage in the past that has altered the geometry a bit?

I have cut out the steel where it impacted so hopefully this will stop it happening again. I was able to remove enough steel without it looking silly as I think the tyre "just" caught it. There is enough force in a wheel to do a lot of damage. Amazing to see whole mud terrain tread blocks torn off.

Last edited:
A good old thread for such a little tyre. As per pics rooted 693 crap 265/70 after 15k vrs the new Cooper ST MAX 265/75@ 40k

Attachments

• IMG_5364.jpg
    IMG_5364.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5366.jpg
    IMG_5366.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5368.jpg
    IMG_5368.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 137
Hey guys,

Been a while since I have been on here but I've got another question.

First off I have a 2 inch tough dog lift. Have the torsion bars wound up but still enough downward travel to keep me comfortable.
I have put on some 265/75 R16 on some sunnys. I think they are 8 inches wide I can't quite remember but they are 0 offset. I'm getting some major scrubbing on simple things like pulling into my driveway. Haven't even tried going off road with them yet. I think I have found the part where it's scrubbing. Am I best off just cutting this section out and that should fix my problem or am I better off going back to the standard rim? Does anyone know the offset of the standard rim? Any help is truly appreciated guys.
b3168a00a6f00e003d4554525630aedb.jpg
3e1d340d5b6c41a7252e3c45cc580fc0.jpg
0882c8cf419fab262655e5fcca015404.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Also I'm not sure how much it matters but it's a 2013 D22.
I still have the stock rims in the shed and I'm just looking to get away with these tyres without having to cut or bash anything.
I'm just super keen to get back out on the tracks without being worried about scrubbing out

Standard alloys are +40 offset, 0 offset with a 265 would bring it flush with the guards and not scrub. The offset should be stamped on the rim, I would think yours are -20-30. I wouldn't cut or bash anything unless you wanted to fit 33's. Selling the rims and getting a more appropriate offset rim is a far better choice. A 32 is not a big tyre and not worth cutting ect.

As always thanks John. I took a look at the rim but doesn't have the offset stamped anywhere on it. I saw the rim size 16x8 could it be that it's too wide?
Are you also saying that the original rim will bring it back in too far and cause more scrubbing?

It will be fine with the original rim (16by7), you could paint them black if you don't like the look. Steelies are heavy buggers too, your issue looks like the offset to me, not the inch wider rim. Sunraysia's used to stamp the offset on them.

I think they are the sunny style but the brand is actually kings.
I do remember asking for 0 offset when I got them but who knows if that's what they gave me.

Maybe about 15mm. Just close enough to see that I need flares but not too obvious

It wont be 0 offset then, your only options are to offload the rims or do a little panelbeating. You will have no scrubbing at all with the standard rims, I've had 32's for 50k now, no rubbing under full lock and flex at all.

Latest posts

Back