285/70/16 wheels on a d40 anybody done this

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucky13

Reaction score
Gday all i am thinking about putting a set of 285/70/16 muddies under the Nav has anybody done this and if so any recommendations on rims and tyre brand also any pitfalls i need to be aware of, I have 2in susp lift aswell as 2in body lift also chipped and 3in exhaust to handle turning the big suckers

They will fit on the stock rims.not legally tho.I have maxxis bighorn..done almost 40tho pretty sure ill get to 55tho...if you like steel rims and you have a Spanish built truck 16x8 are cheap and easy to get..

Hey mate, i have 285 AT's on mine with just suspension lift. I have 70mm rear lift and 60mm front. You have body lift as well so you'll have no problems. With the right offset wheel, you could squeeze 33 x 12.5's on, but it will shoot your fuel economy to the crapper a bit. Mine uses a little more fuel with the 285's, but not heaps. Lifts the car up a bit more too.

They will scrub on the chassis a TINY bit on flex + full lock. If cash is no probs, put some aftermarket UCA's on too and you will have one tuff rig ready to tackle a good amount of terrain.

Hey mate, i have 285 AT's on mine with just suspension lift. I have 70mm rear lift and 60mm front. You have body lift as well so you'll have no problems. With the right offset wheel, you could squeeze 33 x 12.5's on, but it will shoot your fuel economy to the crapper a bit. Mine uses a little more fuel with the 285's, but not heaps. Lifts the car up a bit more too.

They will scrub on the chassis a TINY bit on flex + full lock. If cash is no probs, put some aftermarket UCA's on too and you will have one tuff rig ready to tackle a good amount of terrain.

How do aftermarket UCA's make a difference with only a 2 inch suspension lift?

Latest posts

Back