285 tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subz123

Reaction score
Guys need help asap i got a 2inch body and 2inch sus
If i put a 285 tyre on my 17s would they give would they rub off road i know i have to modify the back of the front tyers all i need to know is would they give me a hard time off road im at the tyre shop and i wanna put them on lol

Guys need help asap i got a 2inch body and 2inch sus
If i put a 285 tyre on my 17s would they give would they rub off road i know i have to modify the back of the front tyers all i need to know is would they give me a hard time off road im at the tyre shop and i wanna put them on lol

They will scrub a little on full lock with flex. But they should be sweet. I have 3.5" on my D40 with 285/75/16's and i have no probs really.

But the bigger the tyre, offroad, your driveline suffers more. Wont take much to raise a tyre and blow your diffs. Especially with 285's

They will scrub a little on full lock with flex. But they should be sweet. I have 3.5" on my D40 with 285/75/16's and i have no probs really.

But the bigger the tyre, offroad, your driveline suffers more. Wont take much to raise a tyre and blow your diffs. Especially with 285's
Ok sweat as long as on flex the dont give me a hard time im gonna order them

How bout on road do you have any dramas

285s would be best on a wider rim right??
Standard alloys are 7 or 7.5 and i think i was told they'd suit best on an 8
Maybe spend some coin on some steelies while ya there

285s would be best on a wider rim right??
Standard alloys are 7 or 7.5 and i think i was told they'd suit best on an 8
Maybe spend some coin on some steelies while ya there
My rim is a 7.5 i am gonna change the rim but after on a budget the misses will kill me lol as long as the rim does the jib from now untill i change them

Would something a little narrowa suit your setup do you think?
And also did you have any problem with the body lift? Did you fit it yourself?

uploadfromtaptalk1427083472896.jpg

Would something a little narrowa suit your setup do you think?
And also did you have any problem with the body lift? Did you fit it yourself?
The body lift was very easy it took me bout 2hrs. I really like the factory weels they are the new ones but will see how we go if it doesn't work ill get the steal omes

But can 1inch on a tyre really put that much starin on the drive line

Its more than just an inch overall.. its the weight and the circumference aswell as width
standard 255 are 30.1" diameter with a 94.4" circumference
285s are 32.7" with a 102.7" circumference
More tyre to push around.. not talking from personal experience With the Nav but i did put 20sx8.5 rims on the wifes nissan, Bit slower to get her going but when it's going there isn't any drama

word vomit over..

Back