285's FITTED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ONLOCK said:
I think you will find you will need at least a 30mm body lift, lladner on here has.done just that but still had to mod his inner gaurd

LOL, hey Kyle you always call me lladner haha.… it's lladnAr mate. But yes you are right I got a 30mm body lift with 285/75/16's, only needed to trim a little bit of excess metal of the back of the inner guard. Really don't know why it was there anyway, it wasn't even part of the sill.

I have Mickey Thompsons FC-II, you don't really need 8's, I have 16x7's and the Mickey Thompson rep at the 4wd show said "it was fine because there minimum rim size is 7.2" but who makes a 7.2" rim?? 7 " is close enough"

Last edited:
285/75/16's on standard wheels, 2inch lift (prob came up more like 65mm) on Thai built ST

IMG00029-20101009-0533.jpg

with rim powder coasted black courtesy of the Tyre shop!

IMG-20110305-00003.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have an issues with scrubing on the chassis rails on the back of the front wheels at full lock, also 16x7 inch rims has anyone had any issues with them running 285s?

285/75/16's on standard wheels, 2inch lift (prob came up more like 65mm) on Thai built ST

IMG00029-20101009-0533.jpg

with rim powder coasted black courtesy of the Tyre shop!

IMG-20110305-00003.jpg

I noticed you have the standard bar.. do the wheels clear it?
I want to do the exact setup to yours but i have a spain built d40 and BFG ATs...
Wasn't looking at getting a bull bar and the suspension lift was going to be either Ironman or Toughdog..

How many of you boys are running spacers in the front?
I have a 2' lift and have no where near as much lift in the front.

285 look good on em. how do ya good with the legalities of such a big tyre and a body lift. can you still get insurance?

Anyone have an issues with scrubing on the chassis rails on the back of the front wheels at full lock, also 16x7 inch rims has anyone had any issues with them running 285s?

Yeah I did with the standard rims, so went and bought a set of king's wheels steel rims with a offset off +18 which moved them out enough.

Try Zordo from the form, his from brisy but he can freight them cheaper then you can buy them here. He has a website too Zordo suspension.

Yeah I did with the standard rims, so went and bought a set of king's wheels steel rims with a offset off +18 which moved them out enough.

Do your tyres stuck out much at all?
I'm running 265 on +16 rims and they scrub pretty bad on the corners
As well as the side walls sticking out

They sit about level with guard maybe out just a mick hair. They didn't scrub at first, but their starting too with the extra weight pullin my lift back down. I'm runnin 285/75/16's

Last edited:
I'm actually thinking about putting them on the stock rims to see of that will solve the problem of them sticking out....

The other problem I have is the castor adjustment is at maximum, so I can't even fudge the alignment to prevent scrubing

anyone know what offset to go for an 18" rim for 33s, would it be less or more than 16"?

Back