2x4 > 4x4 conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum!

That'd be a tough ask. I'd imagine that apart from the different drive train (front and rear axles & diffs, prop shafts, gearbox, transfer case) there'd be different gearbox mounts, suspension ...

With all that said of course, it's not impossible - it will just take $ - and more than a few.

Same year pathy may be ok. I think "unknown" has had a fair bit to do with the older navs and pathys, so he'd be the one to get on to. Otherwise "dion" has too I believe, they'd be the best ones to ask.

I reckon it would be easier doing a body swap from the 2wd Nav chassis to the 4wd pathy.
So you would have your navara body on the pathy chassis and running gear. Less engineering.

The two chassis are very different, specifically in the front suspension mounts, due to the front suspension being very different, despite both being double wishbone, torsion bar sprung. It would be very difficult and once all is said and done, the D21 4x4 body still sits ~40mm higher on the chassis than the 4x2 - a free body lift.

Back