3.0 litre EGR/Butterfly/Swirl Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After connecting the hoses do u have to disconnect the egr solenoid? were does the catch can fit into it all?

Last edited:
Sorry, guys. Still a little un-clear about which point needs blocking off using a gasket. Where exactly is the egr pipe located, between the turbo and intake I asume?? Some photos would help alot. I understand the rest I think!

make a plate to fit here. (zd30 motor, others will be similar).
actual egr pipe is between firewall and motor so its a bit hard to see.

Attachments

• TOPofEGRPIPEplacement.jpg
    TOPofEGRPIPEplacement.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 2,078
either unplug it, i don't think ecu detects that its working or not. otherwise just bung a ballbearing in the hose.

does this account for the 3.0td patrol engine too?? mate of mine has drama with cold acceleration. no guts wats so ever when cold with fool flat to floor..

EGR mod completed, also disconnected the plug to the swirl solenoid. Great mod, glad its done! Made a fair differance low in the rev range, and sits at a lower rpm at highway speeds. Will be interesting to see economy result.

Looking to do the EGR mod, but my 06 D22 is still under factory warranty until next month. I am about to have an end of warranty check done to make sure I get anything that needs fixing done before warranty ends.

So the T-piece you need is already there? Its just re-routing of the hoses and installation of the backing plate?

Cheers
Mitch

So essentially you just disconnect both hoses from the EGR solenoid and remove the small piece of thube from the T-piece and connect the longer piece there instead. So then the EGR solenoid has no hoses connected to it at all?

Heres a blocking plate I knocked up in about 5 minutes out of an old stainless oven tray and cut the whole thing with a 4" grinder, and de-burred the edges with a grinding disc the gave it a quick rub on an oil stone.

Installed the plate and re-routed the tubes, (tube was almost impossible to remove from t-piece, the hose actually snapped leaving a bit on the t-piece). As for changes in performance, I would say minimal at most, but possibly feels a little smoother at low RPM. Will be interesting to see if there is any changes in consumption.

Cheers
Mitch

Attachments

• P8230124 (Large).JPG
    P8230124 (Large).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Best I can tell the TD27 missed out on EGR. At least as of the '88 model. Nothing interferes with the exhaust manifold. What part of the system is the exhaust pulled from?

either unplug it, i don't think ecu detects that its working or not. otherwise just bung a ballbearing in the hose.

Did you find out weather or not the ecu detects if the wire to the swirl control solenoid is unplugged?

Looking to do the mod when i get a bit of spare time.

well i;ve been running with it unpluged for the last year or so and it hasn't complained yet ;)

What has everyone made their egr blanking plate from?
I have some 1.6mm thick aluminium sheet that I was thinking of using, just wondering if it will stand up to the temperature?

Latest posts

Back