3" Exhausts and low RPMs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I'm a little confused by all of this.. I am looking at getting my D22 chipped with a Chip It (yes sorry I know this is a D40 thread) and a 3" exhaust was recommended. So is it better to have a 2.5" or 3.0" or it doesn't matter squat from these graphs?

Tony Go 3". You need the BEST flow you can get. When we boost power to the levels we are you should think about the highest possible.

Turbo (not to mention diesels) do not need back pressure.

Bigger the better. ZERO restriction. Cost for the extra .25" is minuscule. Only consideration is clearances but you don't need to worry with your vehicle.

just advise your prospective customers what you like. We will do our own thing and if it flies in the face of what you or other say ... too bad. We test stuff till the cows come home. We have proven to our customers what we can do (all in house) and that normally infuriates the opposition. Again, too bad. We just get down to business. People will either like us and test us out or go buy from someone else. That's fine.

I already have heard you give your opinions on what we can and cannot do. (rememeber the Pre Common Rail Chip comments you made? Something like "chip it will never get it done ... too hard")

So, you advise 2.5 inch exhausts. We we will advise 3". There it is.

No bad feelings ... we just have different opinions. Sorry to air to here but you have given it good at times.

Sorry Mods if this rant is a little direct

Swing by Howell Automotive in Moonah Tony.
Well followed your advice and I took the Nav down as recommended and they very confidently said to put in a DP chip. Apparently Tune It is made by DP. Anyway so far so good. What a difference.! Shane was laid back as we looked at the dyno printout. He was like 'try it first and see what it tows like. You may not need a new exhaust. Would help but not crucial'. Cool

Can't wait to see my fuel economy. Got a total of 18kw improvement. Have the dyno print out which I'll scan in soon
:sarcastic:
Cheers
T

I've noticed a drop in fuel economy after the 3" went in even when the dp was adjusted to suit. I suspect that since I'm always in stop and go traffic the decreased backpressure made the motor work harder while it was off boost (which is most of the time when you take off in stop and go). Should be a different story on the highway. What do you guys think?

DP Chip do not make Tune It Chips. In fact. they do not even make DP Chip! They import from a German company and rebrand it. Tune it, Roo and Rapid do the same ... as do others.

Same horse, different jockey. Same basic design. Variable resistor type tuning. ie Dinosour.

Surprised Howell Automotive gave you a DP Chip.

Last edited:
proof is in the results we get. dont need to prove anything to you ... you are not buying our chips. the folks that have trusted us and have purchased are more than happy. they are happy and they refer others. proof is then in the referral business that this generates. anyone that needs to see us get the results we get are always welcome to come along to our dyno and tuning days to see the figures are not pulled out of our a55

Same horse, different jockey. Same basic design. Variable resistor type tuning. ie Dinosour. Surprised Howell Automotive gave you a DP Chip.
Reliability.

I guess dinosaurs out lasted many others before becoming extinct.

Attachments

• DPChip Dyno.pdf
    217.9 KB · Views: 101
you can ask and ask. You are not the expert here. If you were, you would be making and selling YOUR OWN CHIPS. Those that know us are EXTREMELY happy with our product, price and service ... and the results they get. Business is booming and it wouldn't be if the gear we product was not the best value for money you can get.

Read the topic mate. Its 2.5" vs 3" exhaust not my chip is better selling than yours.

I make and sell my own intercooler upgrades because I feel they are a safer, better upgrade to power and economy at an equal cost WITH the benefit of INCREASING engine lifespan, not decreasing it with a chip.

If you had any idea about how ENGINES worked, You would be doing air before fuel, but there is few company's world wide who actually care about things such as emissions, reliability, durability, and ongoing costs.

I sell one chip to every 10 intercoolers. Once clients understand the benefits to increasing oxygen intake to the engine, they realise just how stupid chip manufacturers marketing really is.

But, your just another fuel jockey, cashing in on the chip market by the sounds of it.

So, now thats out of the way.
Ill take it as

A) You dont bother testing because you think you know best.
B) You dont really care how long the engines last, due to the ability to wipe your hands of any claims with the 'performance mod' claim.
C) Your just to stubbon to realise other company's Do know what they are doing, and are afraid of being made to look the fool when asked the hard questions.
D) You dont have to prove anything because the customers should just 'Take your word for it'

You assume much.

Latest posts

Back