33 tyres with what offset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridge888

Reaction score
hey everyone i got a d22 nav with a 3 inch calmini lift kit in it and wanna put a set of 33 on it but not sure what kind of off set to run ive read in previous threads +20 is what a few people run i want my tyres to sit on the edge of the guards do they aint illegal with a -23 offset how will they sit and can u run 15 inch rims ???

i woulnd't be worried about the tyres being legal mate, running 33's on the nav is illegal anyway.

-23 offset is about 63mm further out than stock so the centre line of your wheel track will have increased by 126mm.

you may also need a body lift so you don't get any scrubbing

ok fair enuff i want it to look atleast half legal if i ran -23 were will the tyres ruffly sit to the guards ??

depending on the size of tyre you're going with to get your 33' will depend on whether it sits outside the guard, or really outside the guard.

the stock wheels are a +40 offset, so like i said, 63mm wider out than the stock wheels sit.

soedn;t matter what you do mate, 33's will look pretty illegal, and the -23 offset will sit well and truly outside the guard.

ok im thinkin of going an 8 inch rim with a 10 inch tyre with a +20 offset rim i think then the tyre will set write on the edge of the guard looking half legal atleast

what size rim? 16 or 15? you'll be hard pressed getting 15 rims on the nav.

also, if you're worried about the tires sitting outside the guard, get some Flexi-flare or garden edging or something to extend your flares. out and make them legal.

if i ever get around to putting on 33's, i'm gonna get some beasty looking 33x12.5x16 on a set of 16x9's with a 0 offset.

16's josh yeh looks a bit bodgy ill just go my local tyre shop and talk to them 12.5 are big tyres would slow the car up heaps

haha, yeah, 33's will slow them up regardless. that only if i decide to go with 33's...i'm pretty content with the 265/75/16's i've got ATM. i'm looking into getting some 32x11.5 or 32x12.5. i love the look of the wide tires.

and if i ever do go upto 33's, i'll look into dropping some VG33E diff centre's in to rectify the power/speedo problem.

yeh i mite go 32"s i think alot less work and a bit cheaper i wanted to go 33's only for the reason wen im on the high doin 100-110 it seems to mee as if the motor is revving pretty hard so i wanted to drop the revs a little be but ive done a bit of reading and i think 32's are the way to go

hey everyone i got a d22 nav with a 3 inch calmini lift kit in it and wanna put a set of 33 on it but not sure what kind of off set to run ive read in previous threads +20 is what a few people run i want my tyres to sit on the edge of the guards do they aint illegal with a -23 offset how will they sit and can u run 15 inch rims ???

The tread on my 285/75R16 on 16x8 0P rims is inline with the flare but the sidewall sticks out about 10mm past that. With 8" -23 rims your tyres will sit 23mm further out. The offset will give you just as much trouble with srubbing as going to a taller tyre. I have 2"suspension & 2"body lift and I have cut the mudflaps and excess metal from the sill and reshaped with a hamer as much as possible without caving the sill right in and they still rub at full aticulation and lock, I am considering getting the front edge of my sills cut back and welded up for a bit of extra clearance. I reckon you will need to get the sills cut back atleast an inch to fit 33's on 8" -23 rims. In hindsight I would have got 16x8 20P rims with 33's as heaps easier to fit.

cheers

hey mate,

33's with +20 16x8's

P9080013.jpg

cheers for the foto tommmy i see u have a 2" body and suspension lift do u think u can fit 33's under with just a 3" suspension lift ???

Latest posts

Back