3mm Stainless Bashplate Design

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey joely, just got under my car and did a few measurements, from what I can roughly work out it looks right for my 05.
Only thing I can't see is how you bolted it on at the back? Did you drill holes?
Cheers, Marcus
Spoke to a mate and he's gonna help me weld some pipe off cuts around some of the bolts, i let you know his I go...

Dig, do you mean on the car or with the plate? I can see 5 bolts in the photo from the first post at the back of the plate holding it up.

Grab a tape measure, referring from his diagram, measure in and you should be able to see the holes. If they arnt there he must have tapped them himself.

Yeah CooP, I've measured and there ain't no holes, wouldn't of thought it would be normal to drill and tap so thought I'd check first.
I'm gettin sone steel folded up for about $70 but wanna check it fits first.
Cheers

Hey joely, just got under my car and did a few measurements, from what I can roughly work out it looks right for my 05.
Only thing I can't see is how you bolted it on at the back? Did you drill holes?
Cheers, Marcus
Spoke to a mate and he's gonna help me weld some pipe off cuts around some of the bolts, i let you know his I go...

sorry for the lateness.. at the rear, the plate is fixed to the cross member in various spots with bolt lengths different too.. the way i determined where to drill all the mouting holes is i clamped the plate in position and squeezed my hand and arm on top of the plate and roughly marked with a texta the spots where to drill holes in the bash plates.. i then drilled all the holes in the bash plate and once again clamped the plate into position under the car and redrilled all the holes, this time drilling into parts of the car.. id suggest doing the same and any small variation to my car and your holes will be in the wrong position. out of all the holes i drilled only one didnt work out.

wow this looks great mate.. done a really good job. my bro and i were thinking of knocking on up for my truck also do you think this template would work for an 03 STR nav???? also gunna knock up some rock sliders. will post pics when its all done

wow this looks great mate.. done a really good job. my bro and i were thinking of knocking on up for my truck also do you think this template would work for an 03 STR nav???? also gunna knock up some rock sliders. will post pics when its all done

thanks mate.. honestly dont know.. i dont have access to any other year d22's to check.. the best way would be to re measure yours.. i found the easiest way to get the angles onto paper.. is to use a folding ruler.. simply hold it up to the car and get the desired angle, then trace that onto paper.

Currently doing on for a mate out of 4mm plate.

The easiest way was to build it on the car. Start at the rear and work fowards.

We bolted it to the rear most cross member 1st, then partially cut the plate so it can be bent. Once it met the next cross member the clamped and held in place with tek screws. Once complete, we took it off welded it up, counter sunk the tek screw holes and replaced 'em with nylocks and alleykeyed bolts. Also added some 25mm angle for extra strength. (I know where he takes his ute)

A hoist definitely helps

Hey does anyone have the 2D drawings for the TJM plates with angles and measurements yet? I would love to get a set of drawings for it. Hopefully it will fit on my 08 STR

bash plate

this is a great thread im going to build one of these next week i reckon. I am leading hand of powdercoating and sandslasting at a sheetmetal company down here in tasmania so i can get it made up pretty budget safe and will let everyone know prices if anyone else is interested.
Thats if you dont mind me using your drawings that were posted originally for the design :cheers!:

Hey starry,
I spoke to local fabricator in Melb, he said if I chop about 20mm off the back end it will be a 1/4 of one of their 3mm mild sheets. Said he can supply and do the folds for $100! Thought that was pretty good. Same bloke made me an alloy checkerplate back piece to replace step a month or so ago which came up a treat.
One question, what's the best and cheapest way to rust protect it?
Let us know how yours turns out.
Cheers

hey mate the best way around rust is to undercoat and paint it with chassis paint as that rust proof if you get the right stuff or to get it sandblasted and powdercoated as powdercoat holds up alot tougher than paint.

hey guys my full bash plate will be built next wednesday ive got it made from 4mm mild steel exact measurements of this one and it will be fully sand blasted undercoated and powdercoated all finished and on my car for $193 :rock:

hey guys just wondering whats the strongest type of bolts i should use for this? im using M6 bolts but what type should i use?

anything thats high tensile. will have 8.8 stamped on the head
super high tensile will have A9 on them ( used in earthmoving machinery)

Hey mate, The mounting holes are the same as the TJM ones, no problems there. When you install them you actually get a little play with the holes when mounting anyway, and they are slotted to allow a bit more adjustment.

I would say no, there is no difference between 05 and 06 model, you shouldn't have any problems there.

I don't have a lift, but i know a few other guys on here with the same TJM plates that do have a lift. You wont have any problems if you have a lift. The TJM plates only bolt to the chassis, so lift wont effect anything.

So you will be good to go as soon as i get these drawings done. Only thing you will have to work out is how to bolt them to your Nav, as i forgot to sketch up the "nut on a plate" and bolt packer lengths. Ill list all the bolts and washers you will need though.

Pete

Pete can't wait for your drawings.

My farther is a sheet metal fab so I will have no drama's getting this made just need some good drawings. :)

mine was folded today and will be powdercoated tomorrow i will get before and after pics and then some fitting ones aswell :rock:

image-1539840208.jpg

Finished product

image-3734480560.jpg

Sandblasted before undercoat

image-2681183221.jpg

Undercoated

image-2469595500.jpg

Sorry bout the crap photos it's on my phone I'll do better ones later

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back