4WD action testing D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickkk

Reaction score
Hey Guys seen this on the 4WD Action forum.

Any D40 owners want to come on a new vehicle test?
Hey guys. I've got a new D40 Navara next week and I need to put together a new vehicle test using it.

I am looking for someone in Sydney who can be free Wednesday week (the 6th) who owns one of the earlier turbo-diesel D40s who'd like to come out and drive the new higher-output version and give us their opinion on it. It won't be a day full of hard 4WDing, mainly touring-style dirt roads with a bit of low-range thrown in. Ideally I'd like someone who has a standard or close to standard Navara to come so we can compare apples with apples, but give me a shout if you're keen anyway and we can have a chat.

I'll pay for fuel and lunch as well.

Cheers, Brendan
02 9741 3929

Thought some of you guys here might be keen. If any of you guys can shuffle around your appointments (hair dressing) it looks like it would be good fun. Might even get your truck in the mag with out having to spend a fortune on it first

Cheers Mickey

I give them some credit for wanting to compare two like vehicles. How often do these idiots in the media try and compare a Rolls Royce to a Honda then try to convince people the Honda is crap because it doesn't match up

Maybe he just wants his hair done and he's been waiting for your call because your reputation proceeds you.

I must not forget my wax strips and cuticle tools either. Last time, I left my orange sticks at home and had to forgo the manicure.

Thanks for reminding me Krafty. I'll have to think about sending you a crate of Vidal Sassoon as a thank you.

I hope the Vidal Sassoon can lubricate one of my networks. I've got some annoying speed issues I can't figure out at the moment and it's only an 11 user network FFS. Sometimes I hate the PC industry.

I hate those. One time it's a bodgy port on a hub, next time it's a bad cable, the time after that it's a cable that's run near a fluoro light fitting and then after that it's just ONE workstation singing away with all its strength just jamming up the network with junk because either its NIC or the driver has gone spastic. I start pulling patch leads out of the switch to narrow that down, often finds the culprit fast.

Yeah this ones been alluding me for a while, one problem is that the MYOB file in use from the server is 175 meg and thats a prick on any network but the bloody thing has random slow downs too and now excel is hanging for up to 5 minutes when opening files. There is a reg hack to fix it but it doesn't explain why it's only started in the last 12 hours.

I started following that same path about an hour ago, I did do virus suite updates yesterday but the thing that was making me turn away from that being the culprit was that 2 out of 4 that got updated don't suffer the issue.

Sorry for the thread steal it looks like we got carried away, but Tony's taken action on the original post anyway.

Since we already took it off topic once one more post wont hurt.

I should have kept following that virus software path Tony thanks for putting me back on to it. It appears all the machines are suffering the same issue, the 2 that I was told weren't just had users with no idea. Ask them to do something they either do nothing or do something different then tell you they don't have any errors. It helps a lot when that happens, but it is a down side of remote administration.

Take a virus and if the guy doesn't give the D40 a good review put the virus in his ECU

I will be very interested to hear what you think in comparison to your current car, given I am considering a new one myself at the moment.

I am assuming they are testing a 140KW ST-R here.

Unless they are running out the older version YD25 and progressively fitting the 140KW job to the range, only the ST-X has the 140KW job.

Looking at his original post I would be assuming that it will be an ST-X. If it is an auto I would be really interested in how crisp it is from a standstill. It is about my only criticism of our current R51, that it is a touch laggy from a standstill. But then I get back into my work Captiva diesel and realise it is not too bad, as the Holden is really laggy, horribly unresponsive and flat at low rpm and very very sudden on to boost. Launching that from a stanstill is "Light the blue touch paper then wait for the traction control to prove how intrusive it is"

Hi guys, Tony it's Brendan here - my deepest apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I've done the dumbest thing and lost your number and for the life of me couldn't remember the url to these forums that you gave me (and until now Google wasn't any help).

I guess you've figured out by now, by my non-communication, that I've had to call the shoot off for the time being. I've had some stuff fall through at work that means I don't have a photographer to take any photos, and I barely know which end of the camera to point!

I hope it didn't throw you out too much - I know it's pretty poor form. Please accept my apologies.

No worries Brendan, I know how things can be when everyone's busy. Don't give it a second thought. I gave you another call today but you were out, I've left my number on the answering machine.

Whenever you get the stuff together and have a couple of days available give me a yell, I can rearrange my schedule fairly easily.

Latest posts

Back