4wd suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zordo

Have changed set-up and I have shed weight from my tray. I currently have HD dobinsons in the rear and find it too harsh. What would you suggest as a comfort leaf spring??

Hi mate.
I would remove the 3rd leaf from the top.
this is cheaper the buying new leaves.
Otherwise i can ship some Bluemax comfort leaves
Cheers

Zordo

Have changed set-up and I have shed weight from my tray. I currently have HD dobinsons in the rear and find it too harsh. What would you suggest as a comfort leaf spring??

if u lived a bit closer to bathurst nsw i would do u a clean swap i have the 300kg bluemax but they are a little to light with the steel tray/battery/80l watertank and tools or dogs on the back

if u lived a bit closer to bathurst nsw i would do u a clean swap i have the 300kg bluemax but they are a little to light with the steel tray/battery/80l watertank and tools or dogs on the back

You could fit one of the original leaves into the Bluemax packs
Cheers

John
Can you give me a price on D22 torsion bars and your recommendations also Rancho RS9000XL to suit the same vehicle with calmini upper control arms(3" extended)? I am only lifting the vehicle 2" and allowing more down travel.

Also whats you thoughts on calmini torsion bars?

Thanks

John
Can you give me a price on D22 torsion bars and your recommendations also Rancho RS9000XL to suit the same vehicle with calmini upper control arms(3" extended)? I am only lifting the vehicle 2" and allowing more down travel.

Thanks

i fitted efs
i should have gone stronger as i still bottom out occasionally

if you want a torsion bar price quicker rusty in the thread i started a while back called "d22 springs rubbing on chassis?" he quoted me a price i think it was about 310-340 delivered from memory but double check that. Ill give you a call as soon as i get a chance and organise those arms mate ive just been flat out and my missus only told me an hour ago you sent a text to her phone 4 days ago :/

John

Thanks

Hi Rusty.
I normally use Ironman torsion bars $350 fitted
can do 3" Rancho 9000 for $185ea
Cheers

Zordo or others thoughts on Bodylifts. Worthwhile or only if wanting to fit big tyres?? Will be getting a lift shortly 2inch wouldnt mind 3 if easy enough. Will be fitting 265/75/16 would a bodylift be overkill for that tyre size?

Cheers Brownie

what do you drive Brownie? my old man fitted 265/75R16's to his D40 with no lift and they fit fine. I think you will get some scrubbing on a D22 though as those tyres came off the mags from his old D22 and they scrubbed with a steel bar and winch, put them on the D40 wheels and they fit well, fill the guards nicely too

For the D22's, are the aftermarket torsion bars all much the same?

Is a 'comfort' EFS the same as an Ironman 'comfort' in terms of longevity, durability and strength?

For the D22's, are the aftermarket torsion bars all much the same?

Is a 'comfort' EFS the same as an Ironman 'comfort' in terms of longevity, durability and strength?

From what a torsion bar is a torsion bar. They all come out of very few factories. Just coloured differently for brands. The only thing that is comfort is the valving in the shocks

what do you drive Brownie? my old man fitted 265/75R16's to his D40 with no lift and they fit fine. I think you will get some scrubbing on a D22 though as those tyres came off the mags from his old D22 and they scrubbed with a steel bar and winch, put them on the D40 wheels and they fit well, fill the guards nicely too

Yeah have a D40, looking at a steel bar or Xrox in the near future also. Think i migth leave the body lift and just spend it on better suspension... SAve the hassle also.

Thanks.

Yeah have a D40, looking at a steel bar or Xrox in the near future also. Think i migth leave the body lift and just spend it on better suspension... SAve the hassle also.

Thanks.

yeah mate, that's all I've done. I've got 2-3" suspension with 265/70R17's and realistically, they look too small still lol, but it's the biggest I can go legally in qld, I may get some steelies and put some 285's on them for fun down the track

Bodylifts are good for bigger tyres & sill protection.
Or if you want the monster truck look
Cheers

Back