Thinking of Lifting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonmcb

Reaction score
Hi guys. 1st time post as I cannot find any answers for my exact question.

Just purchased an 07 D40 that was setup for a 5th wheel trailer. Had extra heavy duty (380kg rated rear) suspension that was incredibly hard. feel every bump in the road. Not suited for me, as all i'll ever be doing is towing a small trailer, and lugging a bit of camping gear in the back.

Purchased a set of OEM springs for $100 and installed it. Noticed the rear shocks were stuffed, and I i put the better shocks back in and it's a bit improved.

I do not do a lot of off road stuff, but I want it to be capable if we do go anywhere. only places like fraser and I have been once to levuka, but I had a BT50 then and it did a great job.

I would like to raise it maybe up to 20mm for the cheapest possible price. 1, for looks and 2 for a bit more than standard clearance. (will eventually upgrade to larger tyres).

My question is, in your opinion, do I go with resetting the spring to be a bit higher, of do i go with shackles and coils spacers?

I could sell the dobinson springs I had and make a good little profit, or should I go with removing a leaf or two, as dobinson had recommended to bring the spring height from around 70mm down to approximately what I'm looking for?

thoughts guys?

Latest posts

Back