5th gear D22 3.0 Navara - Ratio

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJMNAV

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just curious, 79 999km of the 80k I travel a year is unfortunately on the high way at 110kph, the Nav sits on about 3000rpm too which chews the crap outta the fuel.. Not to mention road train over takes take me almost to redline.

I am no gear box mechanic but I am curious is there anything that can be done about changing the final drive ratio to better suit highway driving...

I have thought about changing both ratios in the diffs to suit but that would then lower the pick up in acceleration. It seems the vehicle is more than capable of sitting at 2000rpm and still have heaps of balls like it does in all the other gears...

Thanks guys!

That's really strange, I have 265/75 16 which reads 4kph over and it's still on 3000

I am running 255/85R16 (33.4inch) tyres, 110km sits around 2200 - 2300rpm

not sure how yours sits that low, mine used to rev at 2700-2800 at 100 on 31's, now around 2400 ish with 33's

and 100 is actual speed (gps) not via speedo (92 on speedo)

I am no gear box mechanic but I am curious is there anything that can be done about changing the final drive ratio to better suit highway driving...

Yea there is... fit 35's

seriously 35's will drop your revs required for sitting on 100kph right back.

he was considering going 3.9 gears, would have the same affect as going 35's plus with 35's it lifts your whole car off the ground by like another 50mm

the navara has shit enough gearing in stock form dunno why anyone would want to make it worse imagine taking off in first with 3.9 gears :/

Back