5th Gear Vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonShyne

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been covered before but i looked and can not find it.....

When i have my car in 5th gear and accelerating from about 80kms to 100kms i get a vibration. My Nav only does it some times though. When i got it serviced last time the mechanic told me it could be the front wheel bearings, he then proceeded to re grease or pack or what ever they do. Still not fixed.... but i dunno i wouldn't have thought that would happen under acceleration.

I reckon it's worse under load like if im on a slight incline it does it but then again sometimes it'll do it going down hills too.

Pretty lost on this one so any suggestions will be appreciated.

The cars done about 230,000kms and it a STR D22 '05 ZD30.

Cheers,
Ryan

Just to make sure it's not the engine - next time it happens, depress the clutch. If the problem goes away (and not because of the speed falling), then it's unlikely to be the motor.

Now do 80km/h in 4th (keep it in that gear) and accelerate to 100km/h. Same problem? If so, you've just proven that the problem is not in the gearbox but is more likely a uni, or the centre bearing.

My money's on a uni joint.

Hey mate, know the isdue yet? My brothers 02 d22 is doin something very similar. 3r 4th 5th gear makes a vibration noise under the tub area when accelerating (under load). Take your foot off or clutch it and the noise goes away. Theres actually no vibrations or any other feel, just noise. Quite loud too! Cheers

Latest posts

Back