5w-30 acea B5 ok in Navara 2006 no DPF?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claes_gewalli

Reaction score
Hi!
Im about to change oil and filter in my Nissan Navara 2006.

My manual says that 5w-30 oil is preferable.
It also says that ACEA B1,B3, B4, B5* oils are ok and *means check SAE Viscosity number.

I live in Sweden and we have quite expensive oil and fuel over here som im looking for a oil with a good price.

Is it OK to go for a 5w-30 ACEA B5 oil in this engine?
As I can understand that is a low friction oil, is the YD25DDTi engine constructed for that kind of oil?

If it helps the car has run almost 230000km ( almost 143000 miles)

/ Claes

If you have a manual, or if your auto has had the DPF removed, that oil will be fine, particularly in your region. 5W30 oil is good for very low temperatures - we don't need to worry about going below -20C here but you might - it never gets that cold here. Some parts of South Australia have recorded up near the 50C mark - I believe Oodnadatta holds the record, but even on the top of our tallest hill (which they call Mt Kosiosko) it doesn't often get below 20C (the record is -23C). Because of this, most dealers in Australia insist that 10W30 or 10W40 oil is enough.

For you, the 5W30 is a good oil.

Then Ill go for a 5w-30 oil, what im is concerned abort is the acea standard, Will it be ok with a b5 type? The best oil i found for reasonable price has the b5 standard instead of b1,b3 or b4.
Or is it so that there is no 5w30 oil with the b4 or lower standard?

I think there are a few companies striving to plant the B5 label on their product, that's for sure! Mobil 1 is supposed to be pretty good and M1 for turbodiesels is better again.

Back