6x9 speakers behind seat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timcyn7

Reaction score
Has anyone got boxed 6x9 speakers behind the rear seat? i got some boxes but they dont fit at all. Any ideas to get them to fit? cheers

Mate, if you are going to put speakers behind the seat you might be better off with a small, powered subwoofer. The sound from full range speakers will be muffled behind the seat, ie; no treble. if you have your heart set on it though, you might want to make up your own box and see if you can get splits so you can mount the tweeters elsewhere.
I actually had a pair of fairly high-end 7x10 kickers behind the seat in my d21 king cab in a custom box i made, actually sounded pretty fuggen awesome, but thats only because of the extra space in a king cab and the tweeters were on swivels so they had clear line-of-sight to the back of your head. The only thing wrong with that set up was having the treble coming at you from behind rather than in front kinda messed up the visualisation, but was otherwise a balltearer.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I thought, about the sound being shit. There's Sony speakers in the front doors, but I really can't tell any difference with the stock ones. Upgraded the head unit to. I might invest in some decent splits for the doors and just throw an amp and slim sub behind the seat? Only reason I wanted rears so I didn't have to blast the fronts for when the kids want music on in the back lol.

Im thinking behind seats, and can put the tweeters anywhere you want. Re the doors, im not too familiar with the dual cabs, but if you can, you wont need splits, normal speakers would be fine.

What about modifying the boxes you have to make them fit behind the seat? It might not sound that good but who knows, might not be that bad either.

Na would take more effort than its worth to modify them. 6 inch boxes could work behind the seats, like u say probably sound muffled, but should fill that sound gap in the back. But think I'll still go for some good splits in the front and sub behind seat. May not need any more speakers.

Bit of a late reply, but I have 6x9s behind the seat. Running off a Sony 4 channel amp with the rear set to low pass filter. I also have splits in the front with the woofers running off the front channel of the amp and the tweeters off the factory speaker wiring, also have tweeters in the b pillars for the rear. Has decent sound for a not too expensive setup. When I get a minute I will take a couple of pics of how the speakers are mounted

Nice work, Bods.... I attempted to replace my stock speakers on the weekend with some Pioneer units and It all got too hard - As a Stereo Installer I make a really good IT Manager!! So it all went back to stock.... Looks like I am going to need an AMP for more power and possibly some Bass somewhere.. and someone who know's what they are doing! haha

Nice work, Bods.... I attempted to replace my stock speakers on the weekend with some Pioneer units and It all got too hard - As a Stereo Installer I make a really good IT Manager!! So it all went back to stock.... Looks like I am going to need an AMP for more power and possibly some Bass somewhere.. and someone who know's what they are doing! haha
What exactly are you trying to replace!

The speakers should be a straight swap

The 6x9's in the front - yes.. almost a straight swap (some cutting of plastic needed)

the 6.5" rears - not even close.. infact the Pioneer Speaker i got *almost* fit straight through the hole..

UPDATE.. A quick Google / Youtube and problem solved.. I just re-used the OEM part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaR6-FDKupM

Pioneer 6x9 upfront and 6.5" rear now installed and sounding much crisper.. Now I need a small flush mount sub to get some "bass"..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back