70 Series day's are numbered. Just like Gillard.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good things must come to an end :ha:

Be a lot of farmers who have to actually make a choice rather than just walking into the dealership and saying "replace that with a new one"

Wonder what they will choose now.

GU utes ?

Nissan should be looking for another donk now, since the 79 Series is gonna be axed eventually.

Lux's are still fairly popular amongst farmers, although around here there is a definite push towards D40's. The other night on the way home from the farm (about 50ks give or take) I passed 14 D40's and 1 D22, wasn't really looking at the other traffic but the number of D40's was impressive in such a short distance.

There's a shit load of D40's around here, probably just as many D22's.

Fair few Amoracks aswell.

Its good that the "Magical" Hilux is being forced to get up to the same standard as the competition.

Thats the main reason I hate Toyota's so much. The most money for the most basic in the same age utes.

The D22 was effectivelly designed in 1986, well the chassis and body were.

Yeah we are getting a few VW's around here and some of the businesses are buying them as work utes. Not my choice but I guess they don't look too bad. There is more D22's around here than there used to be but D40's still out number them. Saw a black D22 for sale somewhere today, thought maybe I should buy it just so D22 drivers stop picking on me!

The Lux is definitely agricultural, it does the job but until they make a Playdo ute (or the doc gets let loose with and angle grinder) it will have to be a Lux if they want to trash the 70 series.

Doesn't matter whether it's got a Toyota badge, a Nissan badge or even a Holden badge unless it stops raining nothing short of vehicles with monster truck tyres installed will be getting around our farms.

Not if you ask little dave (although he's not talking much anymore) :big_smile:

For us the Kubota is the best but it's not necessarily the best out there. We've got the 67 IH, a Massie, a Fiat and the Kubota and the Kubota definitely operates smoother and is better to drive but the Fiat has a heavier lift which means we can get 2 large bails on the front and atleast 1 behind.

Right now none of them are that great around the farm because they are just digging up the mud tracks more so we are limiting the use of all of them to stoned tracks only where possible.

Not sure the exact figures for July but May/June we had 25 inches or something out at the farms (depending on the farm) and now we only need an inch or so over night and the puddles and slush come back to the surface and animal or vehicle traffic just makes it worse. We had an inch of rain on Sunday night and the cattle yards we are building are still muddy and wet under foot from that rain because it's just got nowhere to run off.

We need a video of the D40 doing donuts on the muddy farm.

Shit you type quick you old bastard.

Well you aint gonna get it from me, we have enough slush pits around the farm without deliberating making more mess and cutting up the grass.

I don't type that quick, I have three monkey's typing for me, the trick is to figure out which monkey I am.

The 1 with the least facial hair.

Good guess ?

Has the doctor still got the same Playdo ?

Only because I shaved in the shower before!

Yeah that's not getting dirty now either, even he's got enough brains to keep out of the paddocks lately

Oh well. Worth a try.

Anyways, on the subject of the thread.

Ever driven 1 of the V8 diesel 70 Series.

Years ago when the old man used to make safety/training videos for the SEC (power mob before the government sold it) they used to have a mix of Yota's and some of them were 70 series troopies but none of them had 8's in them. We used to drive them around the open cut getting them bogged/stuck or even on their side so that the old man could film how 4wd's should be driven, what not to do and what should be done if in such situations.

The old Neighbour has had a few 70's in his time (not since going back to the F250 though) they were all HZJ79R trays, we made the trays and the bullbars for them and we thrashed the shit out of them in the bush. The day he traded the first one in on the second one it arrived at the dealership missing 4 studs from the left hand front wheel, he nearly killed himself that day giving it one last hoorah into the dealership to trade it in.

Back