97 D22 dual cab tub and bumper questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pault40

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 1997 dual cab 2WD D22 which is in need of a new front bumper and looking at putting a newer tub on the back as the current one is pretty bashed up thanks to someone backing in to it. Figured it would be cheaper to replace the tub rather than repair the current one, can anyone tell me if a later year model bumper and tub will bolt up without much hassle?

Thanks.

We put an 06 tub onto a 2000 model nav which had the old style tub, exactly the same just bolted straight on

I'd only assume its the same for the 97 as the chassis hasn't changed?

Now that I think about it I gave some extra info.

The tub bolted on just fine (used old bolts) and I think the tail light plugs were the same too

We also put on a matching rear step/bumper. This bolted straight on as well, but had a couple of issues. The number plate lights needed rewiring (easy 2min job) and the tow bar location was too high.

We ended up taking the tongue out because it was hitting the step. Not sure if you could fix this by getting a different tongue ( I have seen some that drop down) or you might have to put a new towbar on - they may have changed, I'm really not sure as my nav is a 98

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back