A bit of Nissan (Datsun) History

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete22

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing to do with the Navara except that this is about its great grandparents.....this is a scan of the very first brochure published in Australia with the release of the very first Datsun Patrol. Just thought those Nissanophiles amongst us might enjoy.

Attachments

• datsun_patrol1.jpg
    datsun_patrol1.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 122
  • datsun_patrol2.jpg
    datsun_patrol2.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 127
  • datsun_patrol3.jpg
    datsun_patrol3.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 185
  • datsun_patrol4.jpg
    datsun_patrol4.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 122
Somewhere on this forum, probably posted by Dion, there is the original D21 brochure and possibly even the tv advert. Nostalgia is a live and well :big_smile:

Love It,

I had one, they are G60's. Complete withe 3 speed, non syncro first gearbox. I did an Unleaded 4.1 crossflow Ford conversion on Mine.

Talk about character. No conversation over 80km/h..It is too Noisy. No interior fan and no Carpet, Just a vinyl floor mat...Hot as and if you don't wear shoes or thongs you get burnt feet!!

That said, We had great times in that truck and it was excellent off road.

Go G60..
Greg:redcool:

Old mate of ours has a shorty that has been all over Aus and has travelled over a million ks and has owned it since new and still running original motor and also has a LWB owned since new and would not even have 100 ks on it.

Old mate of ours has a shorty that has been all over Aus and has travelled over a million ks and has owned it since new and still running original motor and also has a LWB owned since new and would not even have 100 ks on it.

a million k's...... has it been rebuilt 6 times?

Not 100% but pretty sure its the original bottom end he looked after it pretty well. has not been driven in the last 10 years but when i got my GQ 10 yrs ago he had better compression than i did

Somewhere on this forum, probably posted by Dion, there is the original D21 brochure and possibly even the tv advert. Nostalgia is a live and well :big_smile:

yeah, cant remember who the OP was,
but i copied it onto my hard drive

unfortunetly its a PDF and a 52 megabytes, so i cant attatch it

Last edited:
Well **** me who can't scan images.

The manual was up for offer from someone here, said they would email the 50meg file to anyone who wanted it. Apparently the D21 manual is a bit different to the D22 and D40 ones.

Latest posts

Back