A/C Compressor Fault

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNYSTRUCK

Reaction score
I have a strange metal sound coming from my engine bay. I went away with work for two weeks and forgot all about it. Got back into town yesterday and it was still happening so i started my investigations.

Noise seems to be coming from the A/C Compressor. Clutch doesnt engage when i turn the A/C on. Aircon doesnt run cold anymore. Theres no click sound anymore when i push the A/C button. Blower etc still works. Drive belt seems to be in spec etc.

Sounds like a bearing or broken clutch etc....

Il take it somewhere tomorrow and have it checked. Anyone recommend somewhere in Darwin. I was going to go to Carmech.....????

More $$$$. Need to get it fixed. Noise is drowning out the sound of the exhaust...hahaha

The olde girl has 110,000 on the clock

Thoughts....???? Could it be something else

common failures are the one way clutch in the air con pulley, or the belt tensioner pulley bearing has failed.

^ What Tweake said.

Seen it happen to a mates Series 1 D22 a few times.

Thats why I hate mud.

Air conditioning compressors are undergoing a revolution at the moment. Being a 2006 model, yours probably still has an electric clutch and this is most likely the fault, maybe there's some muck caught in there.

Try to get your item repaired. The new units run all the time, and use a valve to adjust the coolant flow from zero to max. I'm not convinced it's the best approach. If they give you a new model replacement, there won't be a clutch, nor can you service the new ones - they're a complete $1,000+ throw-away item.

The reason why they can't service them - the manufacturers don't list part numbers so parts can't be ordered (this is at of several weeks ago when I had a chat with an air conditioning mechanic friend). He took one apart anyway, of a 12-month-old Toyota Corolla, and showed me how it worked.

I guess it makes for shorter parts lists, but now instead of $2.30 for an o-ring and send you on your way, it's $1,000 for a whole new unit and thanks for calling.

Fixed and Fixed

$1354........includes new compressor & receiver drier. Labour and A/C Service.

Parts had to come from WA. A/C is nice and cold and you can hear the exhaust again.....

Hate not having my wheels on the road

Yeah Boy

Im Having the same problem on my 2006 D22 ZD30 with 90kms.. my aircon pulley has siezed though, and i cannot even turn the engine over ( i can see the pulley outer is sitting pissed on the clutch?
any one have any idea on the price of a new clutch pulley setup?
Can it be changed with the compressor still on the engine?

Located in SA

Since the ZD30's run a serpentine belt. Id get it tilt trayed to a air con joint after you know how much your up for.

Latest posts

Back