A couple of q's about my D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linebacker

Reaction score
Picked up my 2011 RX diesel D40 2 weeks ago - finally got a chance yesterday to have a decent look under the bonnet & chassis....

The alternator is a 23100 EB71A - is this the smart alternator or just a regular dumb one ;) ??

What size exhaust is the standard factory one?? Mine's got a 2.5" fitted, however it was previously owned by the service manager at my local Nissan dealer (travelled 200km to buy a car that came from just up the road) & everything else on it is factory Nissan.

Cheers guys

They have a fair old exhaust on them as standard. It's not the pipe size which is an issue - is the huge muffler.

Being a 2011, yours would most likely have the "smart" alternator. The one that doesnt charge dual batteries. Real smart....

Not sure on the alternator. Is the RX Thai built? If so its likely to have the non voltage output style (dumb) alternator. I know for sure my KC has the dumb style and that is late 2011.

Latest posts

Back