A few weeks and $6,000 later....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattWij

Reaction score
Welp, Now I have run out of money and the last few mods wont happen for another few months I thought I'd share the progress of transforming a Navara, into MY Navara.

As I have put in my previous posts, I have only had the Navara for a few months now and have plans for a 10,000Km Trip end of April next year, as well as just getting the car able to go out and enjoy a bit for 4X4 fun!

Unfortunately for me, a few weeks into owning the Nav I discovered that her timing chain was on the way out, my mechanic said it wasn't at risk of any imminent failure, but should definitely be done before my trip.

So I gave the car to him and he did the timing chain work, and did a major service including new drive belts that were stretched and perished. $3,700 and 4 days later I got the car back and the engine was noticeably quieter and smoother...

I then got some mean Rock sliders/Side steps mailed in from Advance Headers in SA which I installed with a mate, and later received some tough dog adjustable shocks that I also installed. My mate then bought himself an X-Trail, and we hit some dirt for a bit of fun last weekend:

DSC_0649_zps891krxhd.jpg

DSC_0560_zpsmpwgeypk.jpg

At this point I'm pretty happy with the beast, running smooth and looking much better without the giant alloy steps that were previously on.... and then she started to blow COPIOUS amounts of white smoke, the 3" DPF delete Cat back exhaust I had previously installed finally stopped co-operating with the ECU and was now frequently entering DPF clean cycles and stinking out the suburb.

So with my already battered wallet I made a smokey trail down the M1 to Horsepower factory in Dandenong for a ECU Remap to delete the DPF clean cycle, and a proper Dyno tune!

Dyno_zpso8zfwsro.jpg

Apologies for the crappy Pic... but couldnt be bothered sorting out the scanner at this time of night.

But Either way, DAMN She is driving GREAT. Its really enjoyable to drive. Im heading back out for more fun in the dirt this weekend with a few more mates, so will be nice to try out with about 20% more power!

Very happy indeed. I'll just try not think about the house I could have bought had I opted to keep my Mazda 3. :rofl2:

How's the rubbish round the river in your photo- gee some people are f'n pigs heay!

I went to Dargo some time ago "as I grew up that way" and wanted to see how it's all changed and how they have "massacred" the pub! my god what a f'n mess!
They have fukced the pub and there was rubbish everywhere ! Me, my mate and kids spent hours picking up rubbish along the river- what a crying shame that they guttered the pub- Mrs Lee would be spinning in her grave!
What's worse at 10am as we where siting in the main street out front of the pub this local forestry/gov ute pulls up and out gets this fat arsed pig who then goes into the pub and buys a slab- nothing wrong with that but at 10am Tuesday morning there's no wonder the place is a mess! Siting there "it opens a can" and drives off- yup "we'll drink piss all day collect our pay and do absolutely fukc all ! And this pig would be a so called local too!
I wish I had never gone as it's ruined my childhood memories of how sleepy ol' Dargo once was.
My piss and moan for the day but danm I was pissed- and they call themselves Australians ! This whole gov infrastructure needs a clean out- cut this dole shite and make our tax dollars work again, for us for all Australians. You should have seen it- not just paper and ciggy butts rubbish but hard rubbish too, and the blackberries along the river fukc me it broke my heart to see it that way!
Sorry to distract from your post but seeing the rubbish in your photo just makes me wild!

Good u have the truck going well matt

Shame about the dargo area vic.

vicsd30 unfortunately that wasn't even the worst of it. That was out in Melton where there is a lot of housing estate building going on. Pretty much anywhere that isnt easily seen by a nearby road/building, there was likely to be a pile of someones garbage. Pretty terrible.

Once upon a time, Virginia, you used to get something for your rates and taxes. One of those things was free waste disposal. Now local governments can only see $$$$$ when they see someone with a load to dump and so, anyone with a load to dump, only sees anyway they can to get out of paying the $$$$!

yes unfortunetly there are many many poor people living in Australia plus the Government needs ways to find extra dollars where they can. example; rate notice holders had 1 free dump per year also a free yearly road side collection,
the poorer people did,nt get this 1 free dump so there only means of getting rid of extra rubbish was to just go out to a secluded area and dump there junk. you go to the dump now and the cost of the dump fees are really high plus if you also have a trailer attached the cost rises higher . all we can do is shut up and pay or dump and run .

vicsd30 unfortunately that wasn't even the worst of it. That was out in Melton where there is a lot of housing estate building going on. Pretty much anywhere that isnt easily seen by a nearby road/building, there was likely to be a pile of someones garbage. Pretty terrible.

Wack up some picks of your new sliders ......

Where I come from we not only get to pay $27 for the privilege but we get told how to separate the paint tins from the metal from the timber from the general rubbish BEFORE we dispose of it. Bro told me a story yesterday about taking a pretty good sofa to the recycling section at the tip only to be told they didn't take sofas there and to take it up to the general tip area and throw it. Took it up there and another employee wanted to save the sofa for recycling! He busted it up in front of the second guy and told him what he could do for his sofa!

Latest posts

Back