A Pommy's version of a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted

Reaction score
Was just looking through the UK Navara site and found this photo of a blinged out Navara. Couldn't help but chuckle a little bit.

There is some classic bling on that site and they really like 22 and 24 inch wheels over in Pommyland so they must not have speed humps. Reminds me of a BT50 I saw this morning with 24's on it, as if you couldn't make a BT50 more uncomfortable some bugger has gone and done that to it.

They are just plastic covers you can get them made from just about anyone who deals in plastic if you really want to bling up the Nav (of course there is heaps of them for D40's on ebay) but I think you'd loose the effect with chrome on a white door.

At the risk of getting hounded down - I don't mind it from a looks point of view - except for the ugly roof racks.

Would I have it - probably not!

There is some classic bling on that site and they really like 22 and 24 inch wheels over in Pommyland so they must not have speed humps. Reminds me of a BT50 I saw this morning with 24's on it, as if you couldn't make a BT50 more uncomfortable some bugger has gone and done that to it.

Pretty much no-where you can get off the road over there, and if you did, you'd have a landrover. Trust me, I only moved over here about 7 years ago.

Handy having 4x4 for the snow though

I don't think it's just a case of limited off road tracks it also comes down to the people. I remember one moderator from a fairly popular forum (some of you might know the guy I know Dave does) who had a fairly in depth discussion about water crossings after some pommie posted a Nav crossing the Goulburn River (I think). The poms were carrying on about how dangerous it was and how silly the driver must have been and one lone Aussie took a stand and told them that's how 4wd's can be driven but they still didn't believe him.

The poms were carrying on about how dangerous it was and how silly the driver must have been and one lone Aussie took a stand and told them that's how 4wd's can be driven but they still didn't believe him.

They should know what we Aussies are like. After all Australia is full of the hardenend convicts that came from England :ball:

I don't think it's just a case of limited off road tracks it also comes down to the people. I remember one moderator from a fairly popular forum (some of you might know the guy I know Dave does) who had a fairly in depth discussion about water crossings after some pommie posted a Nav crossing the Goulburn River (I think). The poms were carrying on about how dangerous it was and how silly the driver must have been and one lone Aussie took a stand and told them that's how 4wd's can be driven but they still didn't believe him.

Thats how we roll in the colony's.

They should be shown the video of the bloke towing a boat on trailer across flood waters up to windscreen. In on side, out the other and boat just bobbed along behind him.

That video is damn scary to watch. I think its the Condamine River in flood. This idiot had no way of knowing the road was even still there, it could be gone for all he knew. Had his kid in the car and all, some people are just cracked in the head. (Boofhead mentality)

Heres a link to the story on it http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/63011/Guy_crossing_flooded_river_finally_charged.aspx The video is on the net somewhere, I've got the photos on my computer at home.

Last edited:
That was pretty dumb. I'll give it to him though he seems to have it pretty well under control except for the boat

Latest posts

Back