A quick g'day.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett 76

Reaction score
Hi all, firstly.... Great forum!

Just a quick introduction, I am Brett and recently bought a 2006 3.0ltr d22 ST-R with 65,000 kms on the clock and so far LOVE the old girl.

Shel is currently stock as a rock, but sitting in the garage i already have a ARB winch bar, bogaard turbo timer, safari snorkel and GME UHF/Antenna, But due to work commitments in Port Hedland i find it hard to find time to fit it all.. It'll come :)

Just a quick question while i'm here, I drive a lot of hilux's at work and have noticed you can easily hear the turbo spooling or stock blow off valve working when changing gears and accelerating ect.... But when in the nav i don't hear the turbo or blow off valve working. Car accelerates fine and is all good, but is it normal not to hear the sounds?

Also can you guys recommend a decent 2 or 3-4" lift kit i can buy online? I will admit i know nothing about cars and i am stuck on what exactly i NEED to achieve this.

Once again, GREAT forum, i am in LOVE :D

Keep up the good work and thanks in advance

Brett

Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a D22, but my D40's turbo is quiet. There's a lot of airbox and lots of exhaust in the way, plus there's a fair bit of sound suppression in the cabin. Maybe the Hilux has less restrictions in the exhaust, and not as much length from turbo compressor to airbox intake?

My D40 also doesn't have a blow-off valve and don't think the D22 has one either.

Welcome Brett,
I'm new myself but have found the guys to be quite patient so far with new comers and quite helpful.

Good bunch this lost.
Cheers
Eug

G'day Brett and welcome to the forum.Trythr search button mate there should be a fair bit on here about the d22 turbo.A mate of mine used to live in Port Hedland and is heading back up there shortly with my brother to work.I think they are building up there for the mines or something.You could PM Tweak on here about your turbo issues.Cheers Scotty.

Latest posts

Back