ABN for a discount bargain?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brikelly

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
what you reckon i can get the following for :

Nudge bar
Roof racks
soft Tonreau
Tow Bar
bonnet protector
light protectors

ST-X turbo Diesel automatic 2010 model for $54700 at abn price

Do you reckon thats a bargain ? And what are the implications of getting an ABN number all dealers are asking me to get one and it's easy to get it apparently. I actually just reactivated my old one.....but who knows what will happen now.

dont know much bout pricing mate as i bought the d22 but as for the ABN there are no implications, it doesnt matter, they just use it to say its a business discount..

Hi BriKelly,
Just ordered my Black ST D/Cab Today with Tow Bar, H/D Floor Mats, Tough Coat (Spray on Liner) for $42883 using my ABN that I haven't used in years.... wasn't an Issue.

Can't Wait!
:rock:
Matt

How much were the HD Floor mats ? Why did you get the Tough Coat ? The ST-X i'm has Metallic paint. But i don'tk now how tough it is.

Your choice of course but I would think hard about the nudge bar. The do more damage in a small accident because they just fold back into the grill etc, and greatly reduce your approach angle when offroad. I would get a proper bullbar or keep it standard.

As for pricing I'm not too sure. There should be plenty of dealers looking for your busines though so be sure to take that offer to another dealer and see if they can beat it!

Your ABN discount is pretty much the same as a fleet discount, the dealers just use it to give you a discount they can well afford to do for everyone but aren't legally allowed to. There is no problems with using your registered ABN the vehicle doesn't have to be registered as a business vehicle and you don't need to even claim it on your tax as an expense. It's purely so the dealer can show on their records that the discount they gave you was valid as per government rulings. It's obviously not a common practice but I have seen cases where ABN's used weren't even the purchasers ABN but it's not advisable to try this as most dealers will check and not accept anything not registered to the buyer.

True Krafty,
The Dealer Checked mine on the Spot.....

BriKelly, Nissan's Price for the HD mats was close to $300 the rear one being one piece full width. got the tough Coat to protect the Mountain Bikes that I'll be carrying in the back.... haha!

Matt

so what is the purpose of a nudge bar i just wanted some form of protection if i go bush ? AS for this tough coat liner, how much was that ? Sounds like a good idea if you put stuff in the back? As for my abn i just reactivated it. But the ATO website said it will take 28 days to get it ! We are about to order a ST-X altitude Blue with the folloiwng:
Nudge bar
Roof racks
soft Tonreau
Tow Bar
bonnet protector
light protectors
nissan mats

I hope thats a good deal 54700

Last edited:
Nissan saw me coming as usual $1500.00 worth it I think!! better than a tub liner that crap could get in behind and scratch away for ever and you wouldn't know about it....

Matt76, Did you look at the sahara bar without the Chrome Tube? if you did what did you think? I had the Sahara Bar like yours on my NM Pajero which looked very smart.

Matt

that liner though does that cover those sliders in the back ? Infact is there a website for these kind of nissan accessories with pics ? I can't find a website that shows accessories for the navara. Even the nissan site doesn't show it.

Navmatt I did look at the sahara bar without the tube, and in fact I reckon it would look awesome, I really only got the bar so I have something to put my rod holders onto, and I think they look a bit funny with spotties on and no bar over them.

Brikelly, I really wouldn't recommend the nudge bar as a bit of extra protection offroad, the D40's sit quite low as it is, with the 2 bars hanging down under the front bar you will be hitting them on evrything. We had a BA Falcon at work a few years ago that had a nudge bar on it, had a small smack into the tail of another car and ended up wrecking the nudge bar, bumper bar, grill and bonnet. Panel beater reconned if the nudge bar wasn't there it would have been a quick respray of the bumper and maybe new support brackets at most.

The nissan alloy bar is really no better though, it looks to hang very low, I would certainly look at aftermarket like ARB or TJM (which you can still get new through nissan if you prefer, just check their prices). Depending what type of driving you intend to do though a bar is maybe not extremely necessary, depends on your budget I guess.

I applied for an ABN online just to buy my truck, they pretty much just wanted a number to put on the form.

As for my abn i just reactivated it. But the ATO website said it will take 28 days to get it !

Don't be too worried about that. If it's a re-activation the dealer can see that when they do their checks (or you could provide the paper from the ATO saying it) and they will be able to use the number. The dealer doesn't need the number for you to walk out the door with the deal they just need it when they do their paper work and if the can see it's right they will wait the 28 days for the paper work to finalise, that is if you can get a new car delivered in 28 days.

just make sure that they are happy with the ABN only just being registered..
I had a few dealers ask me if I had the ABN for more than 12 months, but not all!

Some do that to protect their arses because there has been cases where people registered ABN's just to get the discount and the ATO as a part of the checking down the track have found out the ABN hasn't been used as a part of business, or there is no actual business operating so they make efforts to get their money back. It doesn't happen often and the dealer is rarely out of money however their name can get sullied a bit if it happens more than a few times.

just puchased a new stx 2010, but they never asked for the digits of a ABN number. All they wrote is ABN only on the contract with no number ? what does that tell you?

ABN Used ST Picked Up......and......

Picked up the New Toy on Saturday and took it straight to Northern 4WD Centre, Wangara and Picked up a few Accessories for her....

OME Lift (+30mm Front / +40mm Rear)
3" Taipan Exhaust
XROX Comp Style Bar
XROX Rock Sliders
Dual Battery System (Red Arc Smart Solenoid with In Dash Override)

All gets Fitted in a week and a bit..... Can't wait

Oh and I also ordered from Snake Racing an
E Series LED Light Bar 40" Light Bar (To Mount on the Front Rail of the Roof rack)
and a pair of Dually Compact LED Lights (To Mount under the Crome Sports bar for more light in the Tub :rock:

Latest posts

Back