About to book wheel/tyre package last question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUFFD40

Reaction score
Hey guys about to book my Navarra in for a wheel and tyre package in a couple weeks, I am going with BF Goodrich all terrain 265-70-16

I am also getting a set of black sunraisers my question is what size do I go with 16x7 or 16x8 same price and he said its up to me? im guessing a tyre my size would suit a 16x7 better but would a 16x8 rim have more dish look better? confused.... your recommendations experiences.

Thanks in advance!!

For a start there's no steel rim that has a legal offset for a D40 , so it don't really matter if you go for 8,s or 7,s , it depends on what you want

For a start there's no steel rim that has a legal offset for a D40

Forgive my ignorance (for I have plenty) but what is illegal about the offset? What are the rules on offset? And does that mean that any steel wheels will invalidate the insurance?

Forgive my ignorance (for I have plenty) but what is illegal about the offset? What are the rules on offset? And does that mean that any steel wheels will invalidate the insurance?

WHAT??
so what does the RX use?? yes thats right a steel rim,
and what about every spare rim that every ute comes with??

As long as the tyre's don't stick out past the guards they will be 100% legal and if they do you only need to make up some sort of flare to make it legal..

Yes that's exactly what I thought! Phewww now to choose 16x7 or 16x8?? Do the bigger rims have a larger dish? I'm undecided what size to go with... will post picks up after I get this done just got black roll bars, and so have black bull bar and black snorker should look good...

If your only going to get 16x7 you should just paint your stock alloys black. If your keen on getting steelies I'd go 16x8 will give it a better stance

TUFFD40 will be interested to see what you get as I am looking to get a set of sunnies for mine. I'd personally say the more dish the better.

Thanks mate! You've made up my mind! Do I have to specifically ask for a certain offset to suit 16x8 for my d40 +20 I believe??

I don't know of 1 after market " which iam sure he was referring to " that does not widen the track , or protrude past the guards

Booked them in today 4 week wait for 16x8 black mullins with 20+ offset hopefully should look good, getting rims to suit a Thai d40 seemed to be very hard to find.... Then a bloke next to me also with a d40 casually walks in and orders a set of 37s tyres :O wow!

Latest posts

Back