Abs Vdc traction control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyb9999

Reaction score
Guys whilst travelling trough Barrington tops my abs vdc and traction control all came on. Now I got under the care all the abs lines and connections look good, can't see any fuses blown. I tried disconnection battery no luck, what am I missing and how can I fix problem as abs issues does not allow 4wd to engage? Solutions pls?

A OBD2 adapter will give you the fault code and much better idea where to look for the problem. I believe there is also a speed sensor on the gearbox which could be the problem.

Take the car for a drive on some smooth corners where you can "coast" around them at about 10km/h above the recommended speed. Listen very carefully as the car enters the corner, you should hear your tyres gripping, but you might also hear another moderate-to-high pitched whining. This will most likely be more pronounced in one direction than the other and if you DO hear it, it means you have a faulty wheel bearing (front axle most likely) on the loaded side of the car in the turn (right hand turn loads the left side = left front wheel bearing). When the front axle wheel bearings start to disintegrate, chunks of bearing and grease and metal filings enter the ABS sensor teeth and produce erratic information to the ECU.

Ok took car for quick drive, sounds like the front right wheel bearing is gone. What am I looking at cost wise, any ideas?

I had mine done when it was in the workshop having its rear diff rebuilt so I don't have an exact price.

It would now pay to have a mechanic inspect it before jumping at the repair.

Latest posts

Back