ACCC Hearing a case against Nissan re D40???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the rear leaf springs are shit, I'm so much happier with my OME Dakar springs. The front coils I had on before the recall were marginal but not a major bother. After the recall the front was fine - but the recall wasn't for suspension, it was the bonnet latch, and the suspension was only replaced if you had 55kg (I think) or more on the front (usually steel bar + winch got you over the line). If you didn't have enough weight up front, they put a sticker on your car telling you to upgrade the suspension yourself if you wanted to exceed the weight limit.

Good on the guy for having a go though. I don't know that he'd win a design fault argument since so many of us aren't having major issues, although the standard suspension DID leave the car sitting very low and made it unsuitable for all but the tamest 4WDing, the car isn't actually sold as an off-road vehicle - it's an up-market tradie's ute that can use 4WD if necessary to get around on a building site (told to me by a sales manager at a Nissan dealership). If his argument is that it looks nothing like Joshy's D22, then even I'd tell him to go for a walk.

Just to elaborate on the "so many of us aren't having major issues" ... this forum is a magnet for complaints about Navaras. People don't get on the forum and say "My car is doing bloody wonderfully and I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it?". People just don't complain when it's going well. Since we haven't heard a lot of people saying "there's a design fault in the 08 D40" or similar, my natural assumption is to believe that there are very few issues - apart from the expected leaf spring inversion due to carrying anything more than an empty envelope in the tub. I don't think I'd argue that as a design fault - I believe Nissan made the stock suspension soft for a good reason - so that the ute rode like a car, rather than like a ute, when it was first purchased.

Fella at work bought his D40 at the same time as me and has just added a bullbar. when he saw the 55kg sticker he asked Nissan (who he was buying the bullbar off) to also upgrade the front shocks just in case. The shock upgrade and little wire latch cost him the thick end of $600!!

For the record though, I do love my Nav. It's my sixth Nissan in seven trucks and have to say I'm very happy with Nissans trucks.

When ever I go into the Nissan dealer ship here , I hear people complaining , and the service people laughing at them . Most people believe the rubbish that they spout and Nissan and their dealers love the fact that they do , then they dont have to act or spend any money to fix the said problem .
Based on expirience , Nissan has a huge number of excuses to fit , what ever the problem is .
Only talk to the service manager make his life hell , tell the retoric sprouting monkeys behind the desk to explain excatly what you want done , have knowledge on the subject and they don't have any way they can lie blatently to you. Read the interweb for knowledge and soon after an hour I reckon you will have more nouse than the service people and most of the mechanics , and I think most of their mechanics are apprentices .
Don't complain to a forum ,complain to the ACCC and The fair trading commision , tell your local federal and state member . write to Nissan and explain the situation , though they won't care till they have to legally .
But if enough people put in written complaints to ACCC , fair trading , local federal and state members , then they may fight for your cause , and the Major companies { don't believe it is only Nissan that have a pollicy of " we don't care we got your cash"} will only change if we make them legally .
And make sure you write and log the issues , so that after the warranty runs out they can not charge you for something that should have been replaced under warranty and has been faulty since new.

Greg

:saberfighting:

Latest posts

Back