after market power steering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im having issues converting my 88 4x4 twin cab with the z24 from manual to power steering. i found a matching kit out of a similar aged king cab navara but the steering shafts were different sizes due to the power box being longer. the original shaft is too long and the new one is too short. can anyone throw some advice my way please.

Define similar aged? With the minor technical update for 1988, when the TD27 was introduced I've noticed some steering column changes, ie the bolt pattern for the bracket onto the firewall was different.

The steering shafts are in multiple pieces, can you make a frankenstein's monster shaft out of multiple components? Or you could fit a spacer into the flex joint.

im having issues converting my 88 4x4 twin cab with the z24 from manual to power steering. i found a matching kit out of a similar aged king cab navara but the steering shafts were different sizes due to the power box being longer. the original shaft is too long and the new one is too short. can anyone throw some advice my way please.

agrev8or , im currently getting this done at the mechanic in my 88 king cab , can ask him where he got the pwr steer setup from. Ill post on here tomorrow with details :rock:

k just got the pwr steering and clutch done , its like driving a new car! They used a pwr steering kit off a 92 d21. Also got the front diff changed out because whoever put it in put the wrong one in and the front to rear ratios werent matching up therefore causing it the "clunk" in 4wd with the hubs locked, seems to have fixed the issue i had with it surging up hills aswell! loving life! :rock: so yeh agrev8or, pwr steering kit from a 92 D21 is your answer mate :teeth:

i have driven 2wd navs with and with out defanataly better with but if you dont drive any other cars you are fine my missus use to love driving my lowerd navara with out power steering

Latest posts

Back