air compressors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crack

Reaction score
gday fellas

ive done a search and flicked through the forum but couldnt find anything. thought it would be a common question.

anyway im looking at getting a new compressor for the ute and wondering what brands people have tried and like or disliked etc. also if anyone has had any luck mounting one in the engine bay in a D40.

cheers
jack

Hey mate,
Just to steer you on the right track, what u gonna use it for? Pumping up tyres/air mattresses etc, or for an airlocker, or more heavy duty stuff?
Cheers

tyres. one day i might plumb it to a tank so i can then run lockers and such but mainly pumping up tyres

Don't buy cheap. First time you need it, it will fail and then the thing will become airborne and you will have a sore foot.

Spend better $ up front. Try to get one that has connectors on the hose, too.

I have a Projecta Typhoon, I am super happy with it and the customer service that I recieved from Projecta is 2nd to none.

i spent about $80 on one at SCA i'd estimate its filled the tyres 30 times, plus other uses. so its been fine for approx three yrs, still going fine. Tonys point accepted, that it will fail eventually, but if you drive with others you can borrow, or limp to a servo. If you plan to mount and fit to a lokka, this wouldn't be the go. I borrowed Darrens recently (ARB i think) and it was significantly faster, smoother and just 'better' than mine. I looked on ebay, and similar ones run about $360 ish.

Yeah with Heata. Chinese gear is getting alot better. Thats why every brand name is manufactured there now.
I have a $90 job from Autobarns (Dr Air) and have aired up at least 20 times with it....even did mine and Heatas tyres the other day continuously without missing a beat. It gets hot but all compressors do. One day it will fail but I expect the hose or fittings to fail before the comressor does.
Horses for courses.

I've go the Bushranger Black Max that came as a bonus with my BFG tyres. it pumps great and is faster in real world use than one a mate had that was more expensive & had a higher flow rate.
Black Max Compressor - Bushranger

and it says you can pump up 5 vehicles in a row before it needs a rest. pretty good duty cycle for a $300 unit.

ive looked at two so far.

ARB portable- $350 and 2yr warrenty. 75 L/PM at 0 PSI, 61 LP/M at 30 PSI

Bushranger Max Air- $396 and 5yr warrenty. 72 L/PM at 0 psi, 52.5 L/PM at 30 PSI

seems to me your paying extra money for the longer warrenty. ive had a bushranger in the past and it was great just got extremly hot at times. i like the fittings and that with the ARB one more then the Bushranger. im not going with cheap chinese ones either, i had one the same as the bushranger and it went well but after a couple of years it started to slow pumping and became unreliable.

Back