Aircon selection switch noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbzerk

Reaction score
Hey all,
I've done a bit of trolling around on the site and haven't really found an answer for this issue, but i thought i'd resurrect this topic and hopefully someone can provide a fix.
When ever the aircon mode dial (right dial) is turned, the mechanical flap/motor/something make a clicking/grinding/Predator noise...
Has anyone got this also and if so has anyone fixed theirs?
Matt

What Aussie says....it seems to happen to many D40 and Pathfinders. It happened to my D40 and it was a quick fix by the Nissan guys during a service.....done under warranty.

Nissan wouldnt touch my truck with a damm long pole after whats its cost them lol

I just always thought it was normal as so many others had commented on it
especially the way it will close well after your have shut down the truck lol
so said their truck was haunted lol

Sounds like its that way, Call me pedantic, buts its the sound is kinda bugging me now, Just like the squeak the front passenger side wheel makes when i turn left... but thats for another post...

The AC noise is normal (as AF says above) and there is no fix and it's been happening in cars for years some are just more audible than others. Series I Crewman utes were a lot louder than any Nissan I have ever had but it's not something that requires fixing.

The noise I was experiencing was akin to the thing we used to do as kids with our pushbikes. We use to have a piece of plastic or cardboard protruding in the spokes of one of the wheels .......pretended that the bike had a real engine. Well when changing the direction setting on my D40 I used to get a similar sound....ie brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....type noise. I don't know what Mr Nissan (Lennock Motors in Canberra) did but they fixed it. Now some 12 months later there is still no noise. A workmate of mine had the same problem with his Pathy.....Lennock fixed his as well. Sooooooooooooo there is a fix but I just don't know what they did to do it.

So clearly its a problem that can be fixed and it isn't a noise its supposed to be making.
Does anyone have contacts at Nissan we can call on?

I have had this same noise in several vehicles, a WB ute which turned out to be long skinny leaves rubbing on the fan. I am guessing that these A/C - heaters would be a bit better sealed than a WB. I have had this noise occasionally in my d40 but turn it off and goes away when turned back on. Maybe it is the same?

Back