All 4 Adventures

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

Got home early yesterday arvo and couldn't be stuffed doing anything other than sitting in front of the tv with a few beers and found these guys on 7Two

http://www.all4adventure.com/

I admit I'm not one to sit and watch 4wd shows, fishing shows and other such shows where one expert is out to show everyone "the best" way to do things but there is something about this show which gives me a poorer impression than any other show, not exactly sure what it is though.

Seems to me that shows like this just go to prove how much poorer this country is for loosing the likes of Malcolm Douglas.

Krafty it was a better show before they switched to 7, more advert now

It's easy to see adverts make a show and unfortunately many shows are good until they run national where they need a lot more advertising to run but I don't think the two guys leading this so do much for it either.

Oh I wouldn't know I'm too cheap for pay tv, I refuse to pay for shit that puts me to sleep when I can get equally bad shit for nothing.

When it was on Ch 31 - I actually found it a refreshing change to the raft of fishing/4x4 shows - pretty raw and simple. However the sponsorship companies have jumped on board and that has changed the approach a bit. I like it, but I can understand why some folks wouldn't warm to it!

TVS, channel 44, in sydney has a truck load of fishing shows, 4WD, resto, bike, etc shows. Clunky, but generally great, except 4WDTV which is mostly adds except when some wanker is showing off his wife's wannabe 4WD.

Try here http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/ for your local community TV. Needs biscuits.

I think it's the macho image these guys are trying to portray that brings the show down a lot. Other than that I have it on series record, I like the destination and scenery of the shows!!

Watching Pat Callinan's 4x4 Adventures as I write this, like him or not, IMHO his show is prob the best one out there ATM.

Last edited:
It was a good episode from Mr 4x4.

I don't see the 'macho image' from the All 4 lads (everyone's opinion can differ) - but do agree, some of the the great country they visit is awesome.

Terryc - your Ch44 sounds much like Vics Ch31.

I must admit I record the show and don't mind it despite the ads. I watch any of these sort of programs that are shown on telly.

Buggered if I know how but I receive delivery of the Pat Callanan magazine. Last month they also sent out the 50th anniversary DVD of the crossing of the Simpson Desert. They actually sent the DVD to me twice. Never subscribed to the mag and not complaining.

Watching Pat Callinan's 4x4 Adventures as I write this, like him or not, IMHO his show is prob the best one out there ATM.

Yeh i was watching it too today, I really enjoyed his show. No frills back to basics touring guide. The Cape is just beautiful. Hope one day i'll get to see it.

Anybody watch The Great Australian Doorstep?

I record that one too:eek:

Anyway on Saturday's episode, Spider Everett was doing some bugger a good turn who had his Ford Courier stuck in the sand on Morton island. Spider pulled it out backward using a snatch strap and the Courier's towball as the anchor point.

I watched that bit a couple of times to make sure. At least he used a nice shiny D Shackle.

Ahh, Malcolm Douglas - still lament his untimely death. What a legend, what an adventurer - done for the love of it and little else.

True. Great to watch. I did notice the 'sponsorship' creeping in to his shows, but still great to watch.

Ahh, Malcolm Douglas - still lament his untimely death. What a legend, what an adventurer - done for the love of it and little else.

And done properly not like so many of the current crop who think that a camera, a 4wd and a fishing rod means they can show others how it's done.

Latest posts

Back