Aluminium radiator?(v6)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatman

Reaction score
hows it goin, ive just inherited a 2005 d22 dual cab str with the 3.3 v6, i took it up to rainbow beach and did some pretty serious sand driving and she got quite warm on me but didnt overheat, i eventually want to take her to the cape and the simpson but im quite concerned about the cooling abilities. is there anywhere that sells alloy radiators for the nav? any help would me much apreciated, cheers-Fatman :marchmellow:

It shouldn't get over 1/4 or half with aircon on.Maybe it needs a good flush out and change the thermostat and coolant in it.If your still not happy a radiator place will be able to make 1 for you but you will pay around $1300.00

Yep, second what Scotty has mentioned. Thermostat change, rad flush, and should hopefully be ok. Check that the clutch fan is still working as it should as well, although if temps are normal with around town driving it should be fine.

My 2004 Nav (V6) still has the original radiator and it goes great, even in constant 1st gear heavy going etc.

One thing I've found is if you go to buy top and bottom hoses for it, they all just go Nope, not in the book. I think it is the Pathfinder hoses that our V6 Navs use, still to confirm though.

AND...... YAHOOOO, ANOTHER V6 OWNER!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Last edited:
thanks alot fellas!!! i agree that the thermostat may be the culprit, ill put a new one in and flush the system out, im also thinkin that perhaps the alloy radiator for the 300zx might :hmmmm: be similar enough to play around with..have yous ever looked into that?? cheers fellas :cheers!:

Try Aussie Dessert Coolers mate I just put one in my STR V6 '03. After spending heaps of money on thermostat water pump and the original radiator rodded out still overheating.
I opted for the super HD one with 58 mm of cooling as apposed to 13mm on standard one.
It was a real pain in the arse to fit but it dose go in. Price was $850. The standard non HD one from them was $750. Speak to Norm.
Hope this helps mate !!

check out the ASI radiators on ebay. Im putting a new engine in my D22 and will be using a 300zx ASI 56mm. Should run heaps cooler with it.

Latest posts

Back