Another battery question.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanosan

Reaction score
Has anybody had anything to do with those battery packs such as a Thumper. Are they any good. Seem to be quite a flexible and flexible unit. :cheers!:

I think they're just paralleled gel cell batteries in a nice case with a couple of outlets, switches and stuff. Makes replacing the innards cheap, but variations in manufacture would dictate replacing all of the internal batteries at once so that the batteries charge up at the same rate.

It makes for an expensive proposition, but they're leak-resistant, portable and yes I have considered them myself.

I opted instead for a single portable power pack with "1200 amp jump start capacity" for my portable power and fixed internal batteries for my long term supply.

Another battery question

I have roughly worked out the cost and there isn't much difference. A 75 ah battery pack from thumper ready to hook up isolator, wiring, jumper leads etc all included for about $750.00. and a couple of hours of your time. Dual battery system wired up by an auto elec, approx $400.00 including all parts plus deep cycle 75 ah battery $350.00. So cost wise there doesn't seem to be much difference. I eventually will have an engel and use the nav for touring with a camper trailer so that's mainly what I'll use it for. It just seems the thumper is more versatile.:cheers!:

Latest posts

Back