Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I blame all those yuppie reality cooking type shows who carry on about how good farmers markets etc are and how all the best foods come from there. All them city yuppies who had once never heard of venison, pork belly and other such things now frequent the markets and the stall owners realise they can charge a premium to the yuppies who want to eat what tv tells them is cool.

I blame all those yuppie reality cooking type shows who carry on about how good farmers markets etc are and how all the best foods come from there. All them city yuppies who had once never heard of venison, pork belly and other such things now frequent the markets and the stall owners realise they can charge a premium to the yuppies who want to eat what tv tells them is cool.

agreed...

yes the best foods come from the land

not the supermarket.

It's like that in the supermarket ad well. I remember a few years ago lamb shanks where analysts a dollar or two a kg, now they are over $10 a kg. it is crazy.

It's like that in the supermarket ad well. I remember a few years ago lamb shanks where analysts a dollar or two a kg, now they are over $10 a kg. it is crazy.

Yeah...I used to feed shanks to the dogs........not anymore!

As for the venison Krafty - no doubt it was grain fed free range!!

Last edited:
Yeah...I used to feed shanks to the dogs........not anymore!

As for the venison Krafty - no doubt it was grain fed free range!!

The sambar i shot a few weeks ago was grain fed and free range, running wild and sneaking into a farmers wheat crop

I would like to call myself a hunter, but of late I would be forced to call myself a bushwalker...

Deer season (bucks) started down here a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't be bothered. Tassie is a tough place to hunt deer - you have to know the right people to get onto any land worth hunting. It's a pretty closed circle...

just finished packing the car to go duck :shooter: for two days tomorrow. im doing to the woolshed swamp near Boort and aparently Laurie Levy and his helpers are going too. :rofl2:

Back