Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My remington came with a limbsaver recoil pad soft as . Depends how much bench shooting you do with earmuffs, I just grab a pair from the shed they dont bother me with a rifle but i cant wear them with a shotgun i use ear plugs for that. And when spotlighting with the barrel out the window theres no noise to worry about, Hey Joe if your shoulders sore now would you like to put a few through my 375 h+h :sarcastic::sarcastic:

My remington came with a limbsaver recoil pad soft as . Depends how much bench shooting you do with earmuffs, I just grab a pair from the shed they dont bother me with a rifle but i cant wear them with a shotgun i use ear plugs for that. And when spotlighting with the barrel out the window theres no noise to worry about, Hey Joe if your shoulders sore now would you like to put a few through my 375 h+h :sarcastic::sarcastic:

i would give it a go..haha
mine is a remington and came with the crap recoil pad...
also got some electronic hear muffs from ebay..$55...they work good..theyr slim line...made for shooting..

is that louder then the 300 mag?

there were some cannons out there yesterday...made the 300 shell look small..:rock:

yes the WM is noisy though again my 44 affects me more for some reason,
depends where you are shooting as well,
even my varmint barrelled 223 gets noisy.
Tell you what though, dont stand in front to one side of my 44 without ear protection...it f...ks you up for a while.

HI Fella's

The only time I wear ear muff/plugs is when I am on the range zeroing rifles.Having worked around jet aircraft for 20+ years my hear is not real good(so my wife tells me:sarcastic:).When I am out hunting i dont wear any hearing protection.
If you want some real noise and recoil you should try and shoot a 458 win mag or .50 cal rifle then you know really all about it

Shane

yes the WM is noisy though again my 44 affects me more for some reason,
depends where you are shooting as well,
even my varmint barrelled 223 gets noisy.
Tell you what though, dont stand in front to one side of my 44 without ear protection...it f...ks you up for a while.

i know what you mean,i copt a blast like that and went deaf for 3-4 hours in that ear..

we noticed a heap of difference between a 308 and the 300 mag...
308 was heaps milder..
we also zeroed in our 17hmr in for 150 mtrs and can hit a clothes peg every time...theyr a great fun rifle...most enjoable to play with.

went to the range yesterday to sight in the 300 win.mag....and she hits hard.
the crappy recoil pad they fit to it is useless.
its hard as a rock and after 3 shots the shoulder was tender.
after 12 shots it hurt.....gota replace it with a good one.
anyway,i didnt have a boresight for the 300 and couldnt even hit the target..
i couldnt tell if i was shooting high or low..
so much for it being sighted by the factory..(joke)..
i got a boresight coming so will go back to the range when i get it.

Hey mate,

Depending on the rifle you could have just sighted it in the old way. I haven't bothered with bore sights as the old method has never let me down.

HI Fella's

The only time I wear ear muff/plugs is when I am on the range zeroing rifles.Having worked around jet aircraft for 20+ years my hear is not real good(so my wife tells me:sarcastic:).When I am out hunting i dont wear any hearing protection.
If you want some real noise and recoil you should try and shoot a 458 win mag or .50 cal rifle then you know really all about it

Shane

the 458 and 50 cal is going a bit overboard for me..
i could get to use just about anything as my bro in law works for remington import here in melb...:rock:

Hey mate,

Depending on the rifle you could have just sighted it in the old way. I haven't bothered with bore sights as the old method has never let me down.

yeah i know,i just expected it to be on the target somewhere so i could fine tune it...but it wasnt hitting anything so i didnt want to wreck the shoulder spraying shots all over the place.
now i have a reason to go back again..lol:rock:

is it sambar u chase with the 375 h&h...

HI Fella's

Shane

Yeah, good expensive entertainment, though a bit much for deer blasting:big_smile:

superiorcruiser;97051 we also zeroed in our 17hmr in for 150 mtrs and can hit a clothes peg every time...theyr a great fun rifle... most enjoable to play with.[/QUOTE said:
Yes they are.

is it sambar u chase with the 375 h&h...

Wanted a rifle/toy with a wombat hole and this came up, Got a couple of chances of going north buff camels, There is the temptation of chasing banteng. Haven,t had a chance to chase sambar yet , probably take the 300 wsm its lighter to carry, Its been a winner on fallow and the 308 has taken fallow, rusa and red

Wanted a rifle/toy with a wombat hole and this came up, Got a couple of chances of going north buff camels, There is the temptation of chasing banteng. Haven,t had a chance to chase sambar yet , probably take the 300 wsm its lighter to carry, Its been a winner on fallow and the 308 has taken fallow, rusa and red

whats it like where u go for deer?
really steep or more gentler hills...like around seymore?
i only saw photos of seymore,and it looked very easy to walk around....nothing like at eildon...thats too hilly for me,i got no fittness for that.lol:rock:

Back