Any ideas for comfort

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maccad40

Reaction score
hi all

I'm wondering if any one has got any ideas on what i should do to my d40 2010 to make if ride a bit smoother. i've been looking at new suspension which is going to be a good 2k to go softer or go with new seats from ether recaro or stratos which are a good 2k each. My d40 is a king cab with a ally tray and sand tires as well.
Any input would be great.
thanks in advance

If you're on stock suspension, you'll wonder why you waited to change to new suspension once you've done it. We've changed to OME Dakar springs + OME Nitrocharger Sports shocks and it's like chalk and cheese.

When it comes to what is comfortable on your backside, shocks and springs will be the main component. I'm very happy ride wise with my King Cab with Raised Medium duty King springs front, EFS (150Kg. rear) and Bilstiens all round. If anything it's to soft with the steel bar I have on it.

You mentioned sand tires. Dunno if there is such a tire dedicated for sand but a less aggressive highway style, H/T's tread will work better in sand than a M/T or even A/T. Tires can have quite an effect on ride quality so something to keep in mind. Tires with lots of plys that require higher pressures will be harder on you backside but more susceptible to punctures.

When it comes to comfort, ride alone is not the only thing to consider. A quiet car is less fatiguing and there could be noise and vibration abatement things you could address with the right insulation in the right places.

When it comes to changing the seats. If you want to go down that road beware make sure it uses the factory rails and mounting points or without it being engineered- plated it will be illegal.

Mate,

When it comes to seat comfort you can't go past, A decent set of sheepskin covers.
They actually transform your driving experience!!
I was always a little hesitant about buying sheepskin's! But now I've made the switch, I could not be happier. The ones I actually got have Lumber support pillows, which are great because I suffer from chronic back pain. I brought mine from supercheap(in the platinum range of sheepskins..about $395 if I recall.

Make the switch and you won't look back.

Cheers Geoff

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back