any ideas on lifting my D40 ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filth7948

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just got new muddys on the rig, now looking at a lift job as my stx is standard height and looks lowered compared to all the other 4wd's i see around.

Can any1 suggest what i need? want at least 2" lift.. what bits do i need, shocks, springs, etc???

Also im in whyalla, south oz any installers around people speak high of?

cheers

Gday mate welcome aboard. Try a quick search, there is a truckload of info on lift kits and anything else you will need to give you some good ideas :)

Now I will do my best to refrain from telling you where the bloody jack is stored ... oops, I did it and I didn't mean to, honest!!

ARB sell some GOOD suspension for this car, particularly if you're towing. For a little over $2K, ask for their OME Dakar springs and Nitrocharger Sports shocks.

However, if you don't find all the moving parts in a hammer too mechanically challenging, you might consider DIY (with brilliant phone support, I've heard over and over again). Contact Zordo on this forum and ask for his advice. Give him your exact model (country of origin is also important) and he'll tell you what you can do with what dollars.

The coil front end is not as easy to lift as it could be, because the CV angles become steep once you pass around 50mm in lift up front. Calmini make a kit which drops the diff, returning the CV angles to something sensible. I'm not sure if Zordo carries that stuff - ask him. He may also be able to get you the necessary UCAs for the front, which also don't like being lifted too much. ARB will NOT do this sort of thing for you.

Latest posts

Back