Anybodys Power Steering shit itself?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHUUBZ

Reaction score
Went for a few nights in the Vic High Country with the misses, as we were leaving (thankfully on the last track back to the main rd) noticed a loud rattling/whining type noise, got out and noticed Power Steering Fluid dripping at a fast rate, sure enough within minutes lost ALL power steering (I checked ALL fluids back home before leaving and everything was fine).

Not sure how it happened, did the tracks at a safe speed and didnt hit any rocks/logs etc. Anyway stopped in Mansfield and filled up the P.S oil and sure enough lost all 500ml within minutes.

Not sure where the leak is coming from as theres oil everywhere down there, got it booked in tomorrow at 8.30am to get it checked out but wondering if anybody has had any problems with it or the pumps commen to shit themselves. Its a 2007 Turbo Disesl and ran out of warranty :cray:

You may be lucky and its only the pump thats leaking. I think Kyle(ONLOCK) did a steering rack. The High Country roads take there toll on these soft four wheel drives, I know a Pathfinder owner that blew his front diff the other day, driving carefully too.

Yeah mine just shit itself the other day... Got the mechanic looking at it tomorrow.
Hoping only a hose, it leaks when turning...

Good news all fixed. ended up being some metal fitting came loose on the bottom, bloke got a 14mm spanner, tightended it up, filled me up with oil and good as gold. To make the deal even sweeter, never met this mechanic, he used around 750ml of oil (first time to see where it was leaking) spent 20min with me and didnt charge me a cent. So I whizzed up to the bottle'o and bought him a case of Jimmy and coke. Champion bloke.

Place is called Supasteer Australia - 10 Sydney Rd, Bayswater VIC 3153, Australia
Phone number(03) 9720 6703

Good news all fixed. ended up being some metal fitting came loose on the bottom, bloke got a 14mm spanner, tightended it up, filled me up with oil and good as gold. To make the deal even sweeter, never met this mechanic, he used around 750ml of oil (first time to see where it was leaking) spent 20min with me and didnt charge me a cent. So I whizzed up to the bottle'o and bought him a case of Jimmy and coke. Champion bloke.

Place is called Supasteer Australia - 10 Sydney Rd, Bayswater VIC 3153, Australia

Niiiice, your a champion too obviously.

Great stuff CHUUBZ,i'll keep him in mind. :cheers!:

Niiiice, your a champion too obviously.

haha youv never met chuubs obviously lol nah hes alright i spose

nothing wrong with my steering rack, just the bushes folgged out so the steering wheel moves around abit, 10,000kms on and still hasnt fallen out

Back