Anyone know about these?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_fatman

Reaction score
Found these on ebay, $400 less than maxxis what u think about them? they look ok but anyone used them?

Tyres are 265-75-16 MUD CHUNKY TYRES

Chunky deep tread

Great for MUD AND OFF ROADING

BEST PRICE FOR TYRES LIKE THESE!

1 SIDE HAS WHITE WALLS OTHER IS PLAIN BLACK

THEY ARE BRAND NEW

STOCK IS LIMITED!!

Attachments

• cba6_1.jpg
    cba6_1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 89
They look ok (tread pattern-wise) but I'd be suss on them because there is no brand mentioned, they have also conveniently photographed them so you can't see the brand.

I've seen the listing you are talking about.

saw some Pro Comp extreme mud on ebay for less than a grand (just) for a set of four. I get the feeling they were from st george tyres too

They're no brand, but they're probably from the same factory as wan li, nanking, etc. Put them on an off-road only set of steel rims and you'll be fine.

A) they're not retreads or remoulds so you can air them down lower

B) they're really cheap, which is good because you'll barely use them (in comparison to your road tyres)

C) the chances of them killing you are so much lower since you won't be doing 110km/h+ on them

D) keep your on-road tyres in the tray so you can swap back to them if you're out bush and one of your mud tyres blows out or springs a leak. You need a winch or a travel buddy so you can get back out of where you got yourself into on road tyres.

Sweet!

So they do. I am going to LCMP this weekend with a mate, he has a Troopy with these. Will let you know how they go.

Please do. I'm looking at these for cash vs. Federal Couragias for cash vs. some overboard pro-comps on finance.

I looked into these tyres a while back and sent an emiail to St. George. They are called Mudtrack Tyres apparently. Hope this helps.

The tyres did quite well, he said they were a bit noisy on the bitumen but they handled the park well. The park was dry and most of the tracks we did were steep and rocky, we had a Cruiser following us and he had Hankook Muddies on, his tyres ended up very chipped while the Mudstars did well. I suppose the life of them would be questionable?

Some pics after using them.

Attachments

• IMG_3274 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3274 (Medium).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3275 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3275 (Medium).JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3276 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3276 (Medium).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 67
I've got mudstars on my work ute. I haven't had any issues with traction yet but there is heaps of sidewards movement in the tyre when cornering. It makes you feel like your slipping. There is also no sidewall protection or grip but when I only paid $150 bucks per tyre you cant expect too much. They are not too noisy on road but there is no way I'd put them on my Nav. I'll be forking out the extra dough for bighorns or BFG's I think.

thanks everyone for your input, certainly pays to do your research..i'd rather pay the extra 100 odd bucks for the safety of myself and family :)

Back