Anyone with intercooler on ZD30.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barna

Reaction score
Just wondering anyone with intercooler on d22 zd30 notice a good difference in power increase.wouldn't mind a bit more power towing my 2 ton boat and trailer.I have a chip bigger exhaust egr mod intercooler would be probably the last thing.

intercooler won't hurt it, i doubt you'll get any noticable power increase though.

maybe fit an intercooler and a manual boost controller and gauge and bump the boost upto around 18psi.

You dont think 18 psi would hurt it.

D40s run boost that high, I've seen mine at around 19psi. The engine will tolerate mid-20s and I'm fairly sure one user here runs 36psi of boost (with a bunch of other mods like alcohol injection, develops a fair bit of power).

I'm not sure if the pistons in the '22 are up to the task, they ought to be. You might need to pay attention to the flexible charge air hosing - factory stuff is generally the cheapest shit they can get away with putting on, and will happily expand (which amounts to turbo lag).

The other thing to watch is the intercooler for seam leaks. They'll be obvious - you'll hear a shrieking scream/squeal as the boost pours on, and there'll be a small amount of black oil around the leak (unless you have fitted a catch can).

D40s run boost that high, I've seen mine at around 19psi. The engine will tolerate mid-20s and I'm fairly sure one user here runs 36psi of boost (with a bunch of other mods like alcohol injection, develops a fair bit of power).

I'm not sure if the pistons in the '22 are up to the task, they ought to be. You might need to pay attention to the flexible charge air hosing - factory stuff is generally the cheapest shit they can get away with putting on, and will happily expand (which amounts to turbo lag).

The other thing to watch is the intercooler for seam leaks. They'll be obvious - you'll hear a shrieking scream/squeal as the boost pours on, and there'll be a small amount of black oil around the leak (unless you have fitted a catch can).

i think a few guys have upped the boost to 18psi on the zd30. its only an extra 3psi.
don't zd30 patrols run about 25psi?

i'm also told that having a boost controller reduces creep in the waste gate bringing more boost on quicker which might help a bit in lower rpms.

Back