apexi turbo timer wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan-0

Reaction score
Hey guys
This is my first post and first Navara. I have owned a few 4wds in my few years of loving off road 4x4. Im only 27, so many more years to come. Im a frequent user of the Patrol4x4 and 4wd action forums. I have owned a 03 Triton, 04 Hilux, 02 3.0 GU Patrol and my last baby, 2004 GU4 Patrol STL 4.8 manual with a bit of work done. Almsot 200kw and 500nm.

Introduction aside, I need your help in installing my ebay turbo timer. I couldn't resist the $50 price tag, compared to a Boggard for $250. I wasn't willing to pay an extra $200 for plug and play wiring.

Below are a few picture aids. I soldered the (turbo timer)

t/t red to the red 12v
t/t black to black ground
t/t blue to IGN1
t/t green to IGN2

The t/t comes on with accessories and I am able to scroll through the various functions, but it wont let me change the settings (idle time etc). The dodgey chinese instructions state the parking brake must be on before entering the settings mode.

Has anyone had any luck installing one of these timers or one similar?

(ps. I have used the search function and there is a similar thread which I followed but didnt help.)

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

UPDATE - SOLVED
I finally got it working after trying a few different combinations.

t/t red to 12v (thick red and white stripe)
t/t black to ground
t/t green to red (ignition)
t/t blue to black and white stripe (accessories)
t/t grey to ground (hand brake sensor)

Last edited:
Can you remove the ignition barrel pic.

Been trying to keep that off the site, so we ain't helping car thieves.

I have a Greddy timer in mine, cant help you on the instructions though.

Bet you miss the TB48.

hi mate,

i'm assuming by that dodgy diagram it means grey wire, you will have to either hook that up to the handbrake (so if someone tries to drive off in the car, as soon as they take the hand brake off it will stall) or just ground it. it will need a ground signal to let the timer work

hi mate,

i'm assuming by that dodgy diagram it means grey wire, you will have to either hook that up to the handbrake (so if someone tries to drive off in the car, as soon as they take the hand brake off it will stall) or just ground it. it will need a ground signal to let the timer work

thanks bods
I grounded the grey wire and the t/t allowed me to change the settings.
The car starts and runs fine. It also turns off as normal. Take the key out and and the timer counts down but the car is already off. When it reaches 0, I can hear a tick sound around the collumn area.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Ok, the "moderation required" icon was missing from the post before, so I couldn't see that it needed approval, which I've now done. It's the off-site images in the post - once you've posted a few more times you won't have that problem any more.

I have one of these and I had the same problem, I made a great mess of the back of the key barrel and had to re solder a few wires after I started cutting wires thinking that would make it work. LOL. I ended up taking it to my auto elec and he fabed up a plug in harness for $50 and had it working in about 30 min.

just bumping this - anyone can share step by step? and other tips to make it more relaistic to noobs like us? thanks in advance

can someone please answer my question

from the manual it says Black to ground when not using o2 sensor

so bascailly just run black to ground, right? and forget the white wire?

Hey guys, sorry for digging up and old thread but I guess thats what the search function is for :)

Just wondering what wire did yo splice the "turbo timer white wire" to and where?
Do I even need the white wire if I didn't buy the o2 sensor signal or is that something totally different?

Thanks in advance!

Na mate, just put some tape on it and tuck it out of the way. Thats if your timer is the same as the one pictured on the first page of this thread, might be a different use for any other timer.

Solution works

Thanks. Saved me a heap of messing around.

UPDATE - SOLVED
I finally got it working after trying a few different combinations.

t/t red to 12v (thick red and white stripe)
t/t black to ground
t/t green to red (ignition)
t/t blue to black and white stripe (accessories)
t/t grey to ground (hand brake sensor)

Latest posts

Back