ARB Awning Failure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matmce

Reaction score
Hi All
Not sure if someone else has posted this before, but we all should check our Awnings are not coming loose or falling off. Let me explain.
A guy at work told me his awning fell off his car while he was driving and he suggested i check mine. He was right, the actual awning is held to the mounting board with pop rivets. My poprivets were loose, his ones broke off completely. I asked my brother to check his and he had 5 broken rivets. My brother-inlaws ones are loose.
To check, just unzip and move the two arms out to the side and you can see the head of the rivets. You should be able to see if they are loose or broken.
To fix mine, i just drilled out the riverts and put a stainless bolt right thru with some threadlocker and spring washer. Should be good now.

Hope this helps
Cheers Jacko

Remove the rivets and replace with stainless screws and lock washers rivets have no tolerance to the forces of that awning bouncing and flying at speed and will sheer in no time. Arb should Know better.

Back