ARB Canopies-Top shelf or not?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you located mate? I have a silver arb hightop canopy in Townsville that I might be selling soon, I want to get an alloy tray instead. PM if interested.

there are some Structural FRP canopies around they take 200kg roof loading and the professional pods which takes 300kg. Gel coat white smooth or texture.(their advantage on the King Cab and dual cab is that the dont weigh a lot leaving more carrying capacity.

There are a few cheapies around that are simply that.
The arb canopies are Twin sheet formed ABS they are easy to paint but support wise have limitations
The mounting points of the structural FRP canopies have to be bonded in at the factory so that the dynamic loads are transferred down the canopies to the deck properly.

http://w.auwebcentres.com.au/flattop2/ecommerce/vehicle-manufacturer/nissan/canopies.php

http://w.auwebcentres.com.au/flatto...d40-navara-dual-cab-canopy-1.php?options=cart

trev

Got my smooth finish arb canopy 5 years ago, used for trade so takes a hammering , its had 3 times its rated capacity on it. The internal support system is outstanding.
Its taken an absolute hammering off road too, the d22 has scratches all over it but the canopy still looks like new.
It never leaks and looks good, I, like others had a problems with the locks but they got replaced without question a couple of years back.
The canopy will be on the car for the rest of its life so much like a snorkel Id get the best you could afford.

On the 06 D22 I had as a work truck a few years back the boss put ARB canopies. IMO only good thing was the lift up windows all round.

Bad points were locks constantly stuffing up, even barrels coming out completely; handles stuffing up, which lead to windows being broken when the boys turned the handles and one stayed closed and one opened! It was amusing watching the stunned looks as they were surrounded by tiny pieces of safety glass with the handles still in their hands but lol.

I have a Carryboy canopy on mine, Sport one, older model with angled sliding side windows. Great feature with the "Slam Action" closing rear window, look better than the ARB canopies. I think now you can get them with lift up side windows. Compared to the ARB canopies I can't fault my Carryboy.

Hope this helps

Sorry to hijack, but anyone know where to get spare keys for the Carryboy canopies?

Seems to have been a few bad ones made in the batch! mine has been flawless

Also, arb have branches all over oz so if something does go wrong its a bit easier to deal with compared to lesser known brands.

Latest posts

Back