ARB ripping off Aussie's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even back a couple of years ago when our $ was hovering 'tween 89c and 93c i bought my Nikon rifle scopes for half their cost here, and only $25 delivered to my door from the US.

They charge that much because idiots will pay it,'pretty simple really aussies need to smarten the fuck up and shop around instead of paying retarded prices just because it's easier.

I'm not an economist by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think the economy is that simple unfortunately....

ARB can get stuffed.
I wont buy anything from them,they think the customers are dickheads and will pay thru the nose for something....

I don't know where all of this is coming from to be honest, when I kitted out my Navara, I got three quotes, two from TJM dealers and one from ARB. I did a lot of homework, and personally looked at all of the stuff I was going to buy before I made my decision. All three prices were in the same ballpark, in fact ARB was the middle price, despite being better design & better quality (in my opinion). I tried to get ARB to match the price of the cheaper quote I got, but they stood their ground. As someone who spends every day tendering various projects, I commend this, and I commend them for having faith in their product and services enough to stand by their price. I do the same thing in my game because I know the solutions my company provides are top notch, and I will not price match some backyard electrical contractor who can't deliver what I deliver. And guess what, clients who appreciate quality and service will choose us, despite price.

When I got the equipment fitted, I found their service to be great, they did a very neat job of the install, and the products are great quality. Sure some other manufacturers may be "cheaper" but more often than not, we are not comparing green apples for green apples.

From my experience, I can't see any reason to say anything other than good things about ARB, but I guess that is only one experience of many. Spending $5000 on a handbag is stupid, spending decent money for good quality products or services is not.

in fact ARB was the better design & better quality (in my opinion).

and the products are great quality.

From my experience, I can't see any reason to say anything other than good things about ARB,

And aussie made, made better, for aussie's, is good.

Hey look, I'm on triple 8......posts.

GO LOWNDES....GO HOLDEN..

is aussie, is good!

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently went looking for recovery gear. I looked all over the place at the various items that were available, I held them in my hands, I read reviews, I asked questions, I found out as much as I could about how the items performed in the field where that information was available.

The result?

I could have bought "Ridge Ryder" from Supercheap but what I would have had was super-cheap recovery equipment that, when stressed with an actual vehicle recovery, would have let me down.

I could have bought "Bushman" or whatever from Rays Outdoors and been in the same boat. The same could be said for everywhere else too.

I went to ARB. Yes, I paid what you might think is a stupid amount for a winch extension strap - but when I have to use it, I know it's not going to let me down. You can pick this up and feel it and KNOW that it's not junk.

I might have paid more. Maybe I even paid a little more than I should have. Who knows.

But ARB manufacture here in Australia. They support the 4WD sporting events, they test their gear and stand behind their product. The guys I spoke to in the ARB store at Lambton weren't dickheads by any stretch but they knew their stuff. They were also quite happy that I was asking for parts A, B and C and were not going to try and push something else.

For that, I'm happy to have paid a little extra. When I called TJM and asked about Ironman products, I was not very satisfied.

If I had to make the choices again ... I would go back to ARB.

If I am asked by someone else where they should go to buy their recovery gear - I will tell them ARB, every time.

You can pay less. Absolutely. And you could be left stuck praying for someone else to come past that has better gear than you have, to get you out of trouble too.

Might not be the case with all of their items, but in recovery gear, I won't go anywhere else.

I've seen the engineering shop over in the eastern subs where they fabricate products.
Though it was a few years ago.

Its possible they've turned to the dark side and are importing/manufacturing from o/s,
or could be the jeep product is such low demand here, its not worth tooling up for it here.
????

Latest posts

Back